Fly Fusion Forums

Future Shop

Guest Sundancefisher

Guest Sundancefisher

I have listed their lowest price guarantee below for reference.

I was interested in picking up 2 - Kingston 2GB SD cards for my kids cameras. I saw that Memory Express sells them for $12.95 each. Future shop charges $39.99! I called the store to see if they have any and when I asked if they price match he said no. I called the online store and she said yes so I spent 1 hour going through the setting up an account, doing the online purchase and then 40 minutes of her giving me the run around that the company may not be an approved company to price match. I was like "approved company" what does that mean... She said she gave it less than a 50% chance of her price matching it and would not be able to approve it for two day...by then I am stuck with paying for shipping and having to mail it back at my cost. Needless to say I like to put pressure downwards on merchandise but I cancelled my order with Future Shop and went to Memory Express and bought what I needed. We went to Aggie Days so it was not out of our way. That Memory Express store is real cool. Wish I was a computer geek and could use some of that stuff!

Now I know that Future Shop's Lowest Price Guarantee is a huge lie...

Cheers.

Sun

Our Lowest Price Guarantee

Get it for less. Guaranteed™.

We will beat any advertised price by 10% of the difference.

3 great reasons to buy at Future Shop.

1) If you find a lower advertised price we will beat it by 10% of the difference.

2) If you find a lower advertised price within 30 days* of your purchase we

will beat it by 10% of the difference.

3) If our own price is reduced within 30 days* of your purchase, bring in your

receipt and we will refund the difference.

* 14 days for computers, laptops, monitors, printers, camcorders, digital cameras, portable DVD players, radar detectors, projectors and air conditioners.

Here’s how it works.

If you are purchasing today:

Present us with a copy of the competitor’s current ad.

Our associates will verify that the item is in stock and available for

immediate sale and delivery at the advertised price.

We will beat the competitor’s price by 10% of the difference.

If you purchase the item from futureshop.ca and there is no Future Shop in your area you can contact us at 1-800-663-2275 or by email at websupportcan@futureshop.com

If you made your purchase in the last 30 days*:

Present us with a copy of the competitor’s current ad and your original invoice.

We will refund you the difference and give you an additional 10%

of that difference.

If you purchase the item from futureshop.ca and there is no Future Shop in your area you can contact us at 1-800-663-2275 or by email at websupportcan@futureshop.com

If our own price is reduced in the last 30 days*:

Present us with a copy of our original invoice.

We will refund you the difference between the purchase

price and the current price.

* 14 days for computers, laptops, monitors, printers, camcorders, digital cameras, portable dvd players, radar detectors, projectors and air conditioners

Here are a few terms and conditions.

The advertised item must be for the same brand and model and the product must be new and factory sealed, and subject to a manufacturer’s warranty applicable in Canada.

Advertised prices must be in Canadian dollars, and will be calculated as including all charges applicable for next day delivery to your home address.

The advertised item must be sold through an authorized dealer located in Canada. The terms and conditions of “Get it for less, guaranteed™” are subject to change without notice.

Our lowest price guarantee does not apply to advertising errors or misprints, special educational prices, restricted offers, mail order offers, rebates, coupons, premiums, free or bonus offers, OEM products, limited or minimum quantity or limited time offers, close-outs, liquidations, clearances, financing or other special offers.

If you are not completely satisfied, please talk to our store General Manager. If you need more help call 1-800-663-2275 for further assistance.

yeah, that's lame. i go out of my way to avoid stores like future shop and bestbuy. i always seem to get terrible service and feel like they're looking at me like i'm some sort of cattle. i usually try to seek out the smaller neighbourhood stores. same thinking as finding a neighbourhood fly shop. helps to support the smaller guys who aren't trying to take over the world.

and obviously futureshop/bestbuy don't always have the best deals. i bought a vga cord for my computer and it was like half the price at the smaller shop. even for a flippin' cable.

Bhurt might shoot me for saying this..

But there pretty much no situation anymore where a person should buy anything 'technology related' from a store like Future Shop, Best Buy, Staples, etc. etc.

Places like Memory Express and OEM Depot will beat their price just about EVERY time.

I was interested in picking up 2 - Kingston 2GB SD cards for my kids cameras. I saw that Memory Express sells them for $12.95 each. Future shop charges $39.99! I called the store to see if they have any and when I asked if they price match he said no. I called the online store and she said yes so I spent 1 hour going through the setting up an account, doing the online purchase and then 40 minutes of her giving me the run around that the company may not be an approved company to price match. I was like "approved company" what does that mean... She said she gave it less than a 50% chance of her price matching it and would not be able to approve it for two day...by then I am stuck with paying for shipping and having to mail it back at my cost. Needless to say I like to put pressure downwards on merchandise but I cancelled my order with Future Shop and went to Memory Express and bought what I needed. We went to Aggie Days so it was not out of our way. That Memory Express store is real cool. Wish I was a computer geek and could use some of that stuff!

Cheers.

Sun

1) If you find a lower advertised price we will beat it by 10% of the difference.

* 14 days for computers, laptops, monitors, printers, camcorders, digital cameras, portable DVD players, radar detectors, projectors and air conditioners.

Here’s how it works.

Present us with a copy of the competitor’s current ad and your original invoice.

of that difference.

* 14 days for computers, laptops, monitors, printers, camcorders, digital cameras, portable dvd players, radar detectors, projectors and air conditioners

The advertised item must be for the same brand and model and the product must be new and factory sealed, and subject to a manufacturer’s warranty applicable in Canada.

Advertised prices must be in Canadian dollars, and will be calculated as including all charges applicable for next day delivery to your home address.

The advertised item must be sold through an authorized dealer located in Canada. The terms and conditions of “Get it for less, guaranteed™” are subject to change without notice.

Our lowest price guarantee does not apply to advertising errors or misprints, special educational prices, restricted offers, mail order offers, rebates, coupons, premiums, free or bonus offers, OEM products, limited or minimum quantity or limited time offers, close-outs, liquidations, clearances, financing or other special offers.

If you are not completely satisfied, please talk to our store General Manager. If you need more help call 1-800-663-2275 for further assistance.

dont want to stir the pot but if we were talking about a guide or a flyshop in a negative ( albeit truthful) commentary we would get our willies slapped. is it ok as long as the business isnt fishing related? TM?

Bhurt might shoot me for saying this..

But there pretty much no situation anymore where a person should buy anything 'technology related' from a store like Future Shop, Best Buy, Staples, etc. etc.

Places like Memory Express and OEM Depot will beat their price just about EVERY time.

aw man, Spicey is gonna go Cajun on your ass ..

Guest Sundancefisher
man, I remember aggie days, havent been there in so long tho.

how was it?

Quite nice actually. Relatively cheap to go to $5 per adult and kids were free. Kids petted more piglets than Little Red Ridinghood ever did.

They also pet sheep, cows, horses and saw a sheep shearing and cow milking demo.

Lots of booths to see.

Only problem is crappy food and costing $40 to boot but hey...I got the wife out of the house. It has been a while.

Cheers

Sun

• 2 years later...

my bro stuck it to future shop a couple weeks ago. My younger cousin wanted a 32" TV, so my brother printed off a receipt at "cost" for sony store and then canceled the order. The receipt was all my cousin needed to get the same tv at future shop for 10% below cost hahaha.

I've never had a problem with price matching but it seems much easier from the local shops. They seem more readily to match prices and I assume it's linked to have you as a return customer. The larger stores require a few more hoops but I've still never had any problems. If it's a large difference I save the headache from asking for price matching and simply go straight to the cheapest shop.

Cheers.

Sun

Here’s how it works.

of that difference.

you found the price you wanted at MEMEX yet wasted a ton of time farting around with Future Shop just because ?

Im not sure what your definition of a computer geek is but this has to at least put you in the ball park

my bro stuck it to future shop a couple weeks ago. My younger cousin wanted a 32" TV, so my brother printed off a receipt at "cost" for sony store and then canceled the order. The receipt was all my cousin needed to get the same tv at future shop for 10% below cost hahaha.

Just curious, but isn't that called fraud? Or robbery?

And yeah Ryan, I noticed.

Guest Sundancefisher
wow old thread x2...but why not just go to memory express and get it on sale? spend an hour on the phone instead, am I missing something?

LOL...very old thread... Just caused you asked so nicely... Future shop...4 minutes away...Memory Express was 30 minutes plus away.

Convenience has its benefits :-)