Fly Fusion Forums

Lodging In The Crowsnest Pass

Ive spent some time at the Best Canadian motel in Blairmore. It's O.K. as far as price goes. The rooms are just regular motel rooms, nothing fancy. Their phone number is 562-8851. The Highwood Motel phone number is 562-8888.

There is another one out on the highway between Blairmore and Bellvue. I think its called Goat Mountain Cabins or something like that. I'll have to run out to the truck to confirm. It's right alongside the Crowsnest River and looks real nice. I'll get the number and post again in a couple of minutes.

Murray

The correct name of this place is called Goat Mountain Get-A-Way.

P.O.box 1166

Blairmore Alberta.

T0K 0E0

Phone (403) 711-2430 (I'm not totally sure of the the phone number prefex)

The rates I was quoted last year were as follows

Peak time from June 15 to Sept 22. Weekday for 1 person $105.00 and 120.00 for 2 people.

Weekends $135.00 and $150.00

Off peak times from Jan 2 to June 14

Weekdays for 1 person $85.00 and $100.00 for 2 people.

Weekends for 1 person $100.00 and $115.00 for 2 people.

Having said all that, I have never stayed there and have no connection to the place other than simply having driven by.

Murray

The BCMI is fine they have two motels one on the highway in Coleman and the Best Canadian in Blairmore. The Cosmopolitan (The Cos 403 562 7321) downtown is very good hotel with rooms comparable to the BCMI. It is a 2 star rated hotel with newly renovated rooms. It is quite good. Some weekends the bar can be quite busy after midnight so it would be better to get a room near the back and higher than the second floor.

Goat Mountain in Frank (403 562 8897) has great little cabins in a quiet (inspite of being close to the highway) setting.

There is also Eckardt's Tecumseh Mountain Guest Ranch (403 563 3900) about 4 miles west and north of coleman in a secluded area with nice rustic cabins. Owner is a flyfishing nut.

BCMI has a restuarant right in it, which makes grabbing breakfast before hitting the water quite easy ;)

Tecumseh ranch is awesome, and not quite as expensive as you would think. They have a little trout pond right on site as well, with brookies/ rainbows/cutts

thanks for all the input guys.

Check out The Burmis Bed & Bales (1-800-345-2841) I have been staying with Becky & Gerry Rinaldi for years whenever my buddies & I go to the Crow. Great family atmosphere, great people and you have the place to yourself pretty much. I strongly recommend giving it a try. It's located just up the hill on Hwy 507 on the way to Lees Lake. Very convenient to some of the best water on the Crow.

Brian W

The Best Canadian is just fine.

B&B- Anglers Ridge on the Crowsnest. The owner, Malcolm has done alot with Trout Unlimited and the Access Lease at Blairmore.

I've stayed in the Goat Mtn cabins a few times. I like them, my wife LOVES them. Close to the Frank Liquor store... the best in Canada. Good walking in that area too.