Fly Fusion Forums

Hey Simms Boot Users

Guest bigbadbrent

They're brand spanking new on the market Taco,

personally sorted through a whole new shipment of the new simms stuff the other day, and i have to say, that the riversheds are the ultimate in boots for people who want to do a lot of walking.

Super, super light, and built to withstand a bomb

i have simms L2's, and they're awesome boots..

simms is definitely my favourite boot maker on the market

*hit now I gotta drive into NW Calgary to have a look....I got a pair of Freestones I bought 7-8 yr ago from you guys that are still going strong. What's the price tag?

Guest bigbadbrent

will quote you tomorrow, don't know off the top of my head

there is no better time to buy Simms, they changed all their pricing, and some of their 'older' things halfed in price..everything that was out prior to a month ago has gone down at least 20 bucks

also have new freestones that they came out with, Simm's really dropped the weight on all of their new stuff

I was just looking at those same boots the other day. Those are what I'll buy when my current boots wear out. Was talking to a couple buddies in the states that say they're bombproof. Looks and sounds like an awesome boot.

James

Guest bigbadbrent

Rusty, what womens stuff are you looking for? We have a ton..all the womens patagonia stuff is 40% off

Lone, i think you're bang on for those boots, they are soooooooo light its unreal...good call on the wet wading

and yea, we have those as well

will price check all of these this afternoon for you guys when i take a look at the simms canadian price list

Guest bigbadbrent

Most of the models, other then the L2 fit wider, but that's alright since you're usually wearing waders

So heres the canadian price list from Simms:

2008 Rivershed Boot: Studded Aquastealth , EEE wide, $209.95

Felt : 159.95

2008 Headwaters Boot: Aquastealth, EEE Wide, $144.95 (these things weigh 35 oz, unbelievable!)

Felt: $114.95

2008 Freestone: felt, EEE wide : $94.95

L2 Wading Boot: Felt $139.95

G3 Guide Boot : Felt $209.95

We mostly have the felts in stock, but it's no problem getting aquastealths in for most of the others.

• 9 months later...

Old thread.. but man, I'm liking these boots.

My Korkers are starting to pull apart a little bit on the sides of the toes.. so I'll be in the market soon. Did anyone pick up a pair of these this past season? How are they?

Been using Simms Rivershed boots for well over a year now from the Skeena River system to small Alberta foothills creeks, from dead of winter through heat of summer and have to say they are the best peforming and most reliable wading boots I have owned in over three decades of fly fishing. They are extremely light (ideal for hiking anglers), tough, durable, provide a stable "platform" for fishing, good traction (mine are studded Aquastealth) and offer great support. Aquastealth soles no longer available, get the new Streamtread soles. Only drawback to 2008 models, the stock laces will shred and pull apart in a very short time with regular use. Throw them away, go to Mark's Work Wearhouse and buy a pair of Dakota brand Dura Laces with Kevlar in the 72" size. Those laces will last at least three seasons and probably a lot more in any wading boot. They are $21.00 but worth it. The Simms laces are not suitably matched to their boots in terms of durability.

Otherwise, don't waste time asking questions or discussing other options...just get these.

You will not regret it.

Only drawback to 2008 models, the stock laces will shred and pull apart in a very short time with regular use. Throw them away, go to Mark's Work Wearhouse and buy a pair of Dakota brand Dura Laces with Kevlar in the 72" size. Those laces will last at least three seasons and probably a lot more in any wading boot. They are $21.00 but worth it. The Simms laces are not suitably matched to their boots in terms of durability.

Always keep a spare set of laces in your vest or pack too. Not a fun lesson to learn the hard way, trust me.

• 4 months later...

I think Aquastealth is a sticky rubber similar to what some rock climbing shoes have on them. If you look at the Aquastealth soles there's no real tread on them, just a bunch of slightly raised dots. Streamtread is a harder material and the soles have treads similar to football cleats. I went from Aquastealth to Streamtread and while the Aquastealth was pretty good on most surfaces the Streamtread wins hands down across all surfaces I've used them on, including ice.

Has anyone used these in a drift boat? I was wondering if they mark up the bottom of the boat?

I've worn both Aquastealth and Streamtread soles in boats and didn't notice any marks and didn't get any complaints from the boat owners so probably not. Since Simms is purely a fishing gear company (not an outdoor company that also happens to do some fishing gear) I'm sure they would have that sort of thing in mind when they were doing their R&D on them and wouldn't send them to market if they weren't boat friendly.