Fly Fusion Forums

Southwestern Panorama

dryfly

Thanks BBT. No I have not thought about selling this. Ive made (in Photoshop) a 12 by 72-inch .. sample below...can change wording...

The problem with this image is it has a length-width ratio of about 8:1 and it loses its impact if the scene is cropped at one end. So I can actually get a 72-inch print made at a lab but then WTF am I to do with it? They won't (can't) foam-core mount it. I could get some foam core and attach it myself. My foam core alone tends to warp. I know a guy in town here and he may be able to help me. Would like one for my house.

The 36-inch prints are great too, but are only 4 inches tall...need to think on this.

pano5.jpg

Thanks BBT. No I have not thought about selling this. Ive made (in Photoshop) a 12 by 72-inch .. sample below...can change wording...

The problem with this image is it has a length-width ratio of about 8:1 and it loses its impact if the scene is cropped at one end. So I can actually get a 72-inch print made at a lab but then WTF am I to do with it? They won't (can't) foam-core mount it. I could get some foam core and attach it myself. My foam core alone tends to warp. I know a guy in town here and he may be able to help me. Would like one for my house.

The 36-inch prints are great too, but are only 4 inches tall...need to think on this.

pano5.jpg

It looks awesome Clive let me know if you figure it out.

I am gonna call my man here in town ... he owns one of those high-end Epson 8-cartriddge printers that does rolled canvas up to 18 inches wide and any length. I suspect we can do it on canvas and put it on a hidden frame--like an oil. Will let you know. No rush.

Clive,

Get two pieces of plexi, cut to size and pin them together. Works really well as a floating framed photo. Also, if you want to try something really neat, you can heat warp the plexi to a curve for a really cool effect with spotlights. Meld mounting brackets on the back and it looks wonderful.

Gawddammit Clive, how come everytime you post an image I get the urge to buy more equipment? Now I gotta go buy a better tripod and some software and it's drivin my wife nuts.................................. GAWD!! I hate people with talent.

Thanks GB ... that is indeed a good concept....seen smaller plexi frames like that downtown (obviously not 80 inches long tho.) I will call this commercial printer as he has a fancy Epson printer... shall see.

Taco...Don't tell anyone, but I did not use a tripod on this --- which I should have done.

Cameras are worse than fishing gear...now I have the new camera I think my good lenses are not good enough. So I have two new ED lenses on my sights. The camera wars (pixel envy) are getting silly...soon to release a 24MP full-frame...which people will flock (at $5K..not me) to and realize then they need three new top-drawer lenses at $1500 to $5000 each and THEN their computer won't handle the files which will be stoopid size. (Even off my 12 MP camera the jpegs are 8 to 13 MB and the RAWs are 18MB and the TIFFs are 69MB each!!)

pano5.jpg

Next time im working at an oil companys research center ill ask there Photo guy if he could, he has done a couple for me but they where 9X11 not sure if it makes a difference but he has done some HUGE photos.