Fly Fusion Forums

Houston To Calgary Transition

I'm moving to Calgary this summer after living all of my life in Houston and I am looking for some tips on fishing in the area or trout fishing in general. I usually fly fish for bass, crappie, redfish etc. and have never fished for trout.

onthefly7 ... You're moving to some of the best trout fly fishing water in the world. The "Blue Ribbon Bow", the tailwater section of Bow River from Glenmore overpass to the Carsland Dam, is one of the top 10 trout streams in the world. However, it has been described as a technical river and can be tough to fish. Your best bet to get aquainted with the river and the fish is to hire a good guide. In a single day of fishing, he'll show you the ropes and save you years of frustration. While there are numerous other trout streams in the region, none of them compare with the Bow River.

Onthefly7,

Grew up in Texas City, fishing saltwater my whole life. You are in for a treat.

PM sent. Welcome!

I call dibs on the first day on the Bow with these two guys together....

Let's hope he is as fleet on his feet as Rick is. :P

You'll have no problem finding fishing companions once you land. The people here are all too happy to help out, as Rick probably told you in the PM he sent you.

Guest RedWiggler
I call dibs on the first day on the Bow with these two guys together....

Let's hope he is as fleet on his feet as Rick is. :P

You'll have no problem finding fishing companions once you land. The people here are all too happy to help out, as Rick probably told you in the PM he sent you.

But he only has 1 post he doesnt matter yet does he, Hell I had 2 posts and you had an issue with that, whats up?? Oh I get it he knows Rick so he must be ok, sorry I forgot this is a popularity contest.

I'm moving to Calgary this summer after living all of my life in Houston and I am looking for some tips on fishing in the area or trout fishing in general. I usually fly fish for bass, crappie, redfish etc. and have never fished for trout.

Golfs the thing here.... :P

Your in for a treat, the Bow is something special.

But he only has 1 post he doesnt matter yet does he, Hell I had 2 posts and you had an issue with that, whats up?? Oh I get it he knows Rick so he must be ok, sorry I forgot this is a popularity contest.

[/quote

??

Dude, I do something to you?

Rick will show you everbody's spot....that was priceless. True...but priceless... I'm just glad he shows em to me :P Rick you do something to that guy? Welcome aboard and enjoy the fishing in Alberta, it's second to none.

Ed

geez, i go away for 3 weeks and house sit without a computer and you guys have gone and run amuck again. :blink:

i cant wait to be gone for a whole month and see what mess you guys come up with.

Rick, i'll show you mine if you show me yours :P

Guest RedWiggler

??

Dude, I do something to you?

That was for Missinthebow, not you. You have been accepted by the high and mighty on this forum and since I have not and was ripped by Missinthebow on one of my first 2 posts I figured since the guy here only had one post then why should he matter. He is from Texas, you are from Texas and becuase you guys are from Texas and you will speak to him then he has automatically been accepted by missinthebow which is kinda stupid considering the fact that missinthebow will come on here and rip others using the # of posts one has as his/her reason. Like I said its a popularity contest for some and thats why I made the comment.