Fly Fusion Forums

Police Outpost Regs '08

Police (Outpost) Lake (8-1-26-W4)

Apr. 1 to Oct. 31 – Trout limit 1 over 50 cm; Pike limit 3 (no size limit); Bait Ban.

Nov. 1 to Mar. 31 – CLOSED

Has anyone ever caught a pike here?

That's a good qustion, Monger..........I asked the local bio. Terry Clayton the same question...........That blurb is in the regs so that anyone who catches a pike knows they can kill it so that IF there are any pike they get removed..........I have NEVER seen or heard of a pike being caught there........

Al....

Monger,

I have heard through the grapevine that a gentleman caught a pike about 3-4 years back or so. My guess if the claim was even valid (that the pike was caught at Police and not just transported there for show) than it was probably brought in by the bucket brigade. There is certainly potential (albeit extremely rare) that an avian predator could have lost his/her lunch so to speak in police. There are a couple spots with pike other than barrier within a close proximity to Police that could have been the source as well, but I'm not going to spill those beans at this time.....(maybe over a brew or two)

Monger,

I have heard through the grapevine that a gentleman caught a pike about 3-4 years back or so. My guess if the claim was even valid (that the pike was caught at Police and not just transported there for show) than it was probably brought in by the bucket brigade. There is certainly potential (albeit extremely rare) that an avian predator could have lost his/her lunch so to speak in police. There are a couple spots with pike other than barrier within a close proximity to Police that could have been the source as well, but I'm not going to spill those beans at this time.....(maybe over a brew or two)

I heard this too ..I hope you are not referring to the lake full of pike about 1 mile south of Police Lake because you'd be in the United States. It is very possible that birds had caused any introduction of other fish to Police. There are Cormorants, Pelicans, Loons, Ospreys, Eagles, Bitterns, Herons and Grebes that all fish in Police Lake chances are they may go back and forth between the two waters.

Kippersnack, a little secret about that slough is that it is actually an international body of water (from what I can tell anyways). If you follow the cut line with the border markers there are areas that are under water on the Canadian side. That is not the primary source that I was thinking of though for pike transplants. I've never seen pike in that body of water, but it wouldn't surprise me. There are other fish in there though..... :):)