Fly Fusion Forums

Yukon/tahoe

Hi all, just wondering if any of you have this vehicle. I am looking at getting one as a replacement for my vehicle that is getting written off. Would probably be '02 or an '03. How is the mileage, and problems, clearance issues, etc?

Thanks.

Theres a couple good websites 1 gm-trucks.com the tech will give you history on VIN of what your looking at 2. kbb.com will give you prices. I suggest buying from a gm dealer as then you can purchase a GM backed warranty. My dealer is shaw gmc they treat there customers like gold in my opinion.

I'd think a bit smaller dude, you'll do a lot more fishing with something cheaper on fuel ..

Depends on what engine it has. The 5.3L is good on gas & still has lots of power when you need it. The 6.0L on the other hand, is a gas pig. They're both built on the same chassis. Which is the same chassis GM uses for all their full size trucks, including Avalanches as SJW mentioned. The real differences are available colors & options. Some are GM specific & some are Chev specific. The GM's tend to cost more also. We joke that its because they use lock washers on the GM's.

I'm a tech at a GM dealer, if you have any specic questions you want answered PM me & I'll see if I can help you Din.

Just to clarify before someone asks, NO I DO NOT do work on the side. Unless you're an attractive female that is...LOL ;)

Depends on what engine it has. The 5.3L is good on gas & still has lots of power when you need it. The 6.0L on the other hand, is a gas pig. They're both built on the same chassis. Which is the same chassis GM uses for all their full size trucks, including Avalanches as SJW mentioned. The real differences are available colors & options. Some are GM specific & some are Chev specific. The GM's tend to cost more also. We joke that its because they use lock washers on the GM's.

I'm a tech at a GM dealer, if you have any specic questions you want answered PM me & I'll see if I can help you Din.

Just to clarify before someone asks, NO I DO NOT do work on the side. Unless you're an attractive female that is...LOL ;)

Thanks everyone. Good chance I will ask you some questions mkankmike, thanks for the offer. Mitch

toyotas are tanks!

my buddy bought a cheap 91 4runner for 800$

bone stock. had this thing to to the top of the hood under the water and got stuck.

shut her off got it towed out let it sit for 4 hours and it started and he hasnt had a problem!

the only thing that has happened since he has owned it 8 months now is an alternator.

Well, after a long day of driving around from place to place I found a vehicle.

2001 Silverado, ext cab with topper. only had to pay 250$ out of my pocket from my insurance coverage. Pretty stoked at the moment. Pick it up tomorrow after school!

Silverado eh Mitch? ... Gimmie a holla when ya need a tow .. LOL

Just kiddin buddy, gotta love that new wheels feelin' .. good stuff

lol, you give me a call when you need a tow from your ford blowing up.

Sweet truck man. Those silverados are nice machines. I have been doing the debate on getting back into a truck, had an old ford f150 but it was a tank on gas and was reaching the end of its days...... Ended up in a honda civic..... thats a tough change. Been thinkin about Avalanches, 4 runners, or a Dodge but everytime I look at the gas bill since I got the honda I have to hesitate.