Fly Fusion Forums

New Computer Time

Here I sit in front of a brand spankin' new iMac 20" loaded to the nuts with memory and willing to goooooooo...........

But like any new 'thing' it'll take a little getting used to. But i really like the big monitor after a 14" lap top. And I never did really like the klap top keyboard. This one is sweet.

Got Fusion to run Windows which apparently will do just fine..

A bit frustrated tho' cause I can't seem to get to get things selected to import from my back up hard drive. Surely I don't have to import one song at a time???? I guess a call to the salesman will get things going.

We'll see how it all works once I get everything loaded and set up.

A bit frustrated tho' cause I can't seem to get to get things selected to import from my back up hard drive. Surely I don't have to import one song at a time???? I guess a call to the salesman will get things going.

In iTunes, go to File->Add to Library. Navigate to your backup drive and the folder with all your music. Use Command-A (Command is the key next to the space bar with the apple and squigly thing) to select all files in the folder. Click "Open" and you're done.

The Command key lets you do most things. In Windows you used Alt-Tab to cycle between programs, but in OS X it's Command-Tab. Try opening a bunch of Safari windows then use Command-` (top left next to 1) to cycle through just the Safari windows. Where you used to use Ctrl-X, Ctrl-C, and Ctrl-V for cut, copy, and paste now you use Command-X etc.

Get this book, it'll really help:

http://www.amazon.ca/Mac-OS-Leopard-David-...2193&sr=8-1

Here I sit in front of a brand spankin' new iMac 20" loaded to the nuts with memory and willing to goooooooo...........

But like any new 'thing' it'll take a little getting used to. But i really like the big monitor after a 14" lap top. And I never did really like the klap top keyboard. This one is sweet.

Got Fusion to run Windows which apparently will do just fine..

We'll see how it all works once I get everything loaded and set up.

Angler, I have a great tutorial on how to set up itunes off of a external to free up memory on the internal HD. If your interested I'll try to find it (or do a search on "MacinTouch" that's where I found the info. Pretty straight forward... Also set up my iphoto off of the the external!!

P

• 2 weeks later...