Fly Fusion Forums

Fly Tying Get Together

Guest Rocknbugs

Guest Rocknbugs

If anyone is interested in a fly tying get together please let me know as I believe it would be a good time to hook up, drink beer, talk *hit and tie a few flies. I will volunteer my basement for this event, its developed and I have an oversized pingpong table which I use and would easily fit 8 people tying around it. That being said it would not be limited to 8 people, as many that want to are welcome. I think a good mix of newbie tyer's and experience would be great. If anyone would be interested in this please post your thoughts so we can getter going. Im thinking we could do it on a Flames game night or whatever.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be good for a new tyer like myself. Day & time would be the deciding factor though. I wouldn't want to keep my daughter up to late on a school night. Since we live in Canmore we'd have to leave to early if it was during the week.

I'll keep an eye on the other responses & see what happens.

Guest Rocknbugs

Thats great, Im just assuming that this will take place in the evening/night hours so I think we just need day of week. How about throwing out what days & times work best for you. Weekends? Weekdays? I think Im good either way.

Guest Rocknbugs

Heres my 2cents, Im not sure who out of this bunch is a newbie tyer and who has some experience. I do know that LS is a good tyer and has alot to offer so I think we should definitly do this on one of the days that is good for her, just incase someone has a question or something that one of us newbs does not have an answer for. Im not a beginner anymore but am definitly not and experienced tyer either so it will be nice to have someone here that can give knowledge (ihave lots of books to). Does a Monday/Thursday evening work for everyone or should we go for the Saturday-time to be decided? I like Saturday but am not fussy.

Guest Rocknbugs
Saturdays works for me. Just to let you know how inexperienced I am I have tied about 30 flies total.

No problem there dude, hopefully when we are done you will want to go tie 30 more.

I apologize to you all for creating a void in the flytying, beer drinking area. Unfortunately we couldn't get "Flytie Tuesdays" up and running this year. I am still considering a "Pub Night" for all of our FTT members as well as the gang here on FFC. It would be a one night deal at the Rose & Crown on an upcoming Tuesday. Let me know if you think that would be a good idea. I would enjoy meeting you all.

I apologize to you all for creating a void in the flytying, beer drinking area. Unfortunately we couldn't get "Flytie Tuesdays" up and running this year. I am still considering a "Pub Night" for all of our FTT members as well as the gang here on FFC. It would be a one night deal at the Rose & Crown on an upcoming Tuesday. Let me know if you think that would be a good idea. I would enjoy meeting you all.

sorry whats a FTT member? does this show I am a newbie to fly tying....L

Guest Rocknbugs

We have a few votes for a Saturday, is that good for everyone? If so, now we need to pick a Saturday and a time to show up. March 1 is definitly out we are taking the kids to Monster Jam at 2:00 then the UFC is on at 8:00 Silva/Henderson could be the fight of decade, this will be Silva's toughest fight to date and even though Henderson has never been KO'd I am picking Silva to win by KO/TKO.

Anyways so why dont we try to pick a Saturday sometime here in the next few weeks 8th or 15th lets say 3:00/4:00/5:00ish, sound goodish........lol? When we getter figured out I while PM everyone directions, I do live in Mackenzie Lake for starters, easy access from 22X or Deerfoot Trail.

Guest Rocknbugs

As long as people want to keep coming I would love to make it an ongoing event. I was also thinking that this spring summer when it warms up, I would like to have a fly tie night or 2 (with beer) and after tying for a couple of hours, when it gets dark we head down to the river for a night fish. I live an 8 minute walk from the edge of the river so it sets up perfectly for an event such as this. Just a few thoughts of what I think would be a really good time.

We will see how the first one pans out and as long as people are interested we will set up another.