Fly Fusion Forums

Fly Tye Video

humblefisherman

Great vid mate, and a great fly, it will fish very well, especially under a strike indicator, we don't call them bloodworms this side of the pond we call them buzzers or emergers over here, our bloodworm patterns are normally dressed with a marabou tail, or made with flexi floss and beads, I'll post some patterns if you want,

T/L's

Great vid mate, and a great fly, it will fish very well, especially under a strike indicator, we don't call them bloodworms this side of the pond we call them buzzers or emergers over here, our bloodworm patterns are normally dressed with a marabou tail, or made with flexi floss and beads, I'll post some patterns if you want,

T/L's

if you could taht would be great - of the flexi floss ones. i bought some on sale in some strange colours and not sure what to do with it

LS,

you already know how to make an Apps on Steroids, anything else is just a variation in colour.

The simplest bloodworm imitation is the famous "Datsun Fly" - a bare hook with some Datsun red paint on the shank, nothing any simpler than that exists.

Another simple bloodworm imitation is just a few strands of red flexifloss tied to the hook shank and held in place with super glue.

Next, a piece of red chenille tied onto the hook with red thread and the ends of the chenille left long to wriggle.

Any red wool, floss, thread, tubing, latex, wire or anything of that ilk will make simple bloodworms.

There is no "black art" associated with the humble bloodworm, whatever takes your fancy or is at hand will do the job.

I got inspired by the video and went and washed my hands. :P I tied a few of these. I used mylar tinsel under the larva lace to give it a bit more shine still a dead simple tie.

nice tie bud. i tie a similar one but dub under the lace...

nice tie bud. i tie a similar one but dub under the lace...

I was finding the particular lace I was using to be really dark even when using light colored thread and thats why I tried the tinsel. I guess I could try dubbing I have seen that with some patterns.

I was finding the particular lace I was using to be really dark even when using light colored thread and thats why I tried the tinsel. I guess I could try dubbing I have seen that with some patterns.

this is the one i was talking about...sorry bout the hijack.....

Caddis007.jpg

Instead of the oil method why not try floss pulled through the tubing? If you use clear tubing then you can have any colour you want in the middle, this will give you that translucent look to the body. If you want to use a coloured tubing go for the most translucent colour you can find and contrast it with the floss inside.

I think I have some clear somewhere, I will dig it out and make a demo for this method later today.