Fly Fusion Forums

Some Bloodworms

Tako

Stuff is called larva lace. It's just red plastic tubing that's fairly stretchy. None of em are epoxied. Just stretch it on and tie it off. The last three have a silver rib wound into the rib created by the larva lace, basically just to accentuate the rib.

That Larva Lace makes up some very nice looking flies. Taco did you fill the Larva Lace with oil or not bother. The reason I ask is that I have some Larva Lace and wonder if it would make that much of a difference if it had the oil in it or not.

Russ C

That Larva Lace makes up some very nice looking flies. TaKo did you fill the Larva Lace with oil or not bother. The reason I ask is that I have some Larva Lace and wonder if it would make that much of a difference if it had the oil in it or not.

Russ C

I don't think it matters. I haven't had any need to get fancy. The fish pound them little guys like its their last meal sooo I figure if it ain't broke don't fix it

I'm not sure how the Larva Lace looks with oil injected into it, but the Liquid lace sure makes an incredible difference. I have a few of the liquid lace flies Randy Deifert tied up in Calgary and the difference is pretty much night and day between the two.

I'm not sure how the Larva Lace looks with oil injected into it, but the Liquid lace sure makes an incredible difference. I have a few of the liquid lace flies Randy Deifert tied up in Calgary and the difference is pretty much night and day between the two.

What's the diff between larva and liquid lace? :blink:

Guest bigbadbrent
What's the diff between larva and liquid lace? :blink:

larva lace wasn't made to be filled with baby oil, liquid lace is supposed to be filled (though u can use it as larva lace as well)

Weedy I love it.

Only problem I do have with it is that your's is pink and the photo is dark red. Use something dark and it will rox!

It really is red. It's actually the camera I was using, for some reason all reds are showing up pinkish. I'm using the same setup I always have, fluorescent light intended for digital photos, same white balance, etc. I think the sensor may have a problem. I tried adjusting it in photoshop elements but no go.

Guest bigbadbrent
Haaahahaha I was wondering if some smartazz was gonna call me on that. The slits don't hold the #14's very well :P

really?

Man i use the same slit size for hooks 8 through 20