Fly Fusion Forums

We've Got A Provincial Election Going On

That's a hard question. Based on the past track record it would not indicate the Conservatives to be the saviours, but looking at other governments in other provinces, fish et al always seem to take a back seat. Perhaps the Liberals will feel they have something to prove for the first term, but whose to say what it is they will prove.....sigh, sorry Don I am at a loss.

I subscribe to the Same *hit, Different Pile theory of provincial politics so it remains to be seen if the Tories can sufficiently reinvent themselves this next term to stay in power. That said, I hope Morton stays were he's at because he seems to like to get things done and not insulate himself behind 15 layers of bureaucratic BS like the last Minister.

Well you can definitely rule out the newly formed Wildrose Alliance. The less government is more party. Running on reducing government services. Giving more breaks to the corporations. Referendums on tax increases both provincially and municipally. Where with their agenda would the money come from for more enforcement. Oh wait I can guess. They would look at BC and try to create in Alberta a fishery like they have in Great Britain. A fishery for the wealthy and privileged. Cause they deserve it.

Geez just reading that shows me why I lost the nomination in Macleod. :rolleyes:

I subscribe to the Same *hit, Different Pile theory of provincial politics so it remains to be seen if the Tories can sufficiently reinvent themselves this next term to stay in power. That said, I hope Morton stays were he's at because he seems to like to get things done and not insulate himself behind 15 layers of bureaucratic BS like the last Minister.

I have to agree with Taco that it would be great should Morton return as Minister of SRD. His political ideals are miles away from mine but he does have the passion most of here have regarding fish, wildlife, and land use. He is the best person in the, so far, ruling party for the job. I do have to say though that Dave Coutts was a very honourable politician, a good man, and was an excellent minister of that portfolio. It took Dave a bit to find his passion for it but he did find it. He found it by listening to people. Listening to them and then taking the steps needed to put that advice to action. Had Dave been given the chance to keep his position you would have gotten a better perspective on what kind of minister Dave really was.

I have to agree with Taco that it would be great should Morton return as Minister of SRD. His political ideals are miles away from mine but he does have the passion most of here have regarding fish, wildlife, and land use. He is the best person in the, so far, ruling party for the job. I do have to say though that Dave Coutts was a very honourable politician, a good man, and was an excellent minister of that portfolio. It took Dave a bit to find his passion for it but he did find it. He found it by listening to people. Listening to them and then taking the steps needed to put that advice to action. Had Dave been given the chance to keep his position you would have gotten a better perspective on what kind of minister Dave really was.

You'd know Dave Coutts the politician far better than I would Gary and I have no doubt what you say is true, I've known the Coutts family since the days of Tourist Texaco @ junction of 2 and 3. Provincial politics in this riding is damn near incestuous, Layton was a neighbour, Leroy is a neighbour, Dave ran the Scarlet and Gold for yrs and this latest rendition Evan is no different.

:)

It's a Hell of a way to choose the next Govt-" Who's going to the least damage". I guess I going with the Green Party, They will never get a seat, but if they can get Official Party Status, maybe they will keep the others honest.

Regards Mike

It's a Hell of a way to choose the next Govt-" Who's going to the least damage". I guess I going with the Green Party, They will never get a seat, but if they can get Official Party Status, maybe they will keep the others honest.

Regards Mike

Now there's a switch. Not a bad idea, but lets not go crazy folks :P