Fly Fusion Forums

Fly Fishing For Pike

bloom

It took me a couple views, and a couple people to point out what was actually happening here. The angler hooks and lands a nice graying and then while he is reviving it, a pike come and attacks the fish he's trying to release, getting his hand in the action.

It's a great video.

It took me a couple views, and a couple people to point out what was actually happening here. The angler hooks and lands a nice graying and then while he is reviving it, a pike come and attacks the fish he's trying to release, getting his hand in the action.

It's a great video.

I didn't even realize it until I read your post. Then I watched it again and clearly you can see the pike come and hit the grayling and his hand. That had to shock the heck out of the guy.

Rob

Don't worry Weedy, pike do that down south too. You had to watch out when fishin' during the whitefish run on the Old Man, t'weren't nothin' to have a slough shark slam into your legs while chasin' a hooked whitey.... had a tendency to make your balls climb thinkin' about all them sharp teeth.

WOW that is some awesome footage, thanks for posting.

I'm always a little nervous when I catch a pike and don't have any pliers or forceps on hand to pull out the fly, it's nerve-wracking to have your uncovered fingers within easy biting range when unhooking the fish.

Ouch!!...........That'll leave a mark!!............I saw a bull trout once come up on a shoal where my buddy was gutting a whitefish and take the head and guts almost out of his hand..........and of course last spring I had a 35 inch pike, which I landed (twice) eat the 20 inch pike that ate my fly............Bizarre!!.....They don't call them Water Woves for nothing...........

Ouch!!...........That'll leave a mark!!............I saw a bull trout once come up on a shoal where my buddy was gutting a whitefish and take the head and guts almost out of his hand..........and of course last spring I had a 35 inch pike, which I landed (twice) eat the 20 inch pike that ate my fly............Bizarre!!.....They don't call them Water Woves for nothing...........

Those pictures were nuts adc!! Especially with the description that you dropped it and reeled it back in again and it still didn't let go!! LOL