Fly Fusion Forums

Speycasting Clinic

speyghillie

Hi Everyone,

I will be running a couple of Speycasting clinic's on the Bow river again this year, the dates for this year are.

SATURDAY APRIL THE 19TH, this date will be for those just starting to get into Speycasting and will cover all the basic Speycasts, understanding the mechanic's of Speycasting and the different applications including single-handed Speycasting, this day can speed up your learning curve and hopefully cure any faults in your casting.

SUNDAY APRIL THE 20TH, This date is for more experienced Speycasters and will cover River Craft while Speycasting, Distance casting made easy, as well as casting, and fishing Sunk lines and sink tips.

Both days are limited to 6 students per day, and at the same cost as last year $120.00 per student.

I will be in Calgary for a week so if anybody would like a Private Speycasting day please let me know.

I will be advertising the Speycasting weekend at the Fly fishing show at the end of the month where i will have a booth, if you are going to the show please drop by and have a chat, i have been lucky enough to full all the Speycasting Schools so please book early.

I have always enjoyed running the Speycasting Schools in Calgary and try to make it a fun day of learning, i would like to thank the Admin guys for letting me post this, and my buddy Toolman for all his help during my stay in Calgary.

Thanks Gordon.

Hi Silverdoctor,

Thank you for booking your spot for the Sunday, looking forward to meeting up again after having such a great day the last time we met, i would also like to thank Marc and Dean for booking there places for the Saturday School.

Thanks Guys, really looking forward to meeting you all and having a great weekend in Calgary.

Thanks Gordon.

Hi Silverdoctor,

Thank you for booking your spot for the Sunday, looking forward to meeting up again after having such a great day the last time we met, i would also like to thank Marc and Dean for booking there places for the Saturday School.

Thanks Guys, really looking forward to meeting you all and having a great weekend in Calgary.

Thanks Gordon.

Hey Gordon, I am also in for the advanced class please.

Hi Bhurt,

No Problem your place is booked for Saturday, thanks for booking the day and look forward to meeting you and the rest of the guys.

Maxwell,

Got you booked in for the advanced Speycasting on Sunday, will see you at the show, and thanks for booking the day.

Saturday 3 places left

Sunday 2 places left.

I will be at the Calgary Fly fishing show if any of you guys are going please drop by, cant miss me, i will be in full highland dress . :blink: , not a pretty sight i know.

Thanks Gordon.

I would like to thank Knotlikely for booking a day on the River one to one with myself on April the 25th, and Al for booking a day the same week, looking forward to meeting you both and spending the day Speycasting on a one to one basis.

Thanks Gordon.

P.S Busy trying to get all this Spey stuff jammed into my luggage for my flight to Calgary tomorrow. :blink:

Welcome back Gordon, looking forward to seeing you at the show. Will any of your rods be available for testing? I still want to try the Norway. I would really like to take your advanced course but as usual I have no idea if I will be around at that time. If any spots open up in the days leading up to the clinic just try to post em on here as if I can I may jump in last minute. To any others interested in doing the clinic I had Gordon take me out for a day solo and its was definately worth it. I usually find I teach myself fairly well but this took a lot of time off the learning curve. Plus he taught me some really cool casts and some stuff I would never have had the forethought to teach myself.

Hi Guys,

Made in to Calgary last night, flight late in and then spent a couple of fun hours with customs, Lonefisher i will have plenty of rods at the show as well as a couple of other major Spey companies that are coming on board in the Spring in Canada (there new rods and reels are not out til March) but i will have all the details of the new gear.

Hey Mr wetduck, thanks for booking the Sunday session, that just leave's one place for the Sunday looking forward to meeting up again with you and the rest of the guys.

Saturday 3 places left

Sunday 1 place left.

See if you can spot me at the show, and no funny comments about about the guy in the Tartan skirt :lol:

Gordon.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to thank 3wt for booking in on the 19th, so just a couple of spots left for the Saturday and one for the Sunday.

I will be in touch with everybody as soon as i get back to Sunny Scotland next week, nobody told me it was so damn cold.

Just phoned home and its snowing there too.

Thanks Gordon.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Just want to make sure i dont miss anybody out, if i have please just let me know, its 5 am for me and the Jet lag is still working its magic.

Saturday Clinic

Marc, Dean, Bhurt and 3wt signed up two places left

Sunday Advanced Clinic

Silverdoctor, Alhuger, cheerler,wetduck and maxwell one place left.

If i have missed anybody out please let me know, i would everybody who has booked the day clinics and also to the guys that have booked the one to one days, of which there is only two left.

I will be bringing some new toys as always, just waiting to see whats new here in the Spey world in the next couple of weeks.

I cannot recieve the money on the day, so am asking everybody to pay me via pay pal over the next couple of weeks , my pay pal account is speyghilliebc@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks Gordon.

Thanks Red,

Thats your place booked, i'm sure you will enjoy the day and learn what a great way to fish Speycasting is.

Looking forward to meeting you, i will shortly post where and when, and sort out the dates for the guys that have booked the private one to one speycasting days.

Thanks Red.

Gordon.