Fly Fusion Forums

Happy New Year !

Well its been a very busy winter so far this year, pertetual light snowfall at the divide, and temps that are rarely allowing the use of salt have kept me in a constant battle with surface icing throughout my jurisdiction this year (Castle Jct to Yoho NP West Gate). The challenging weather conditions added to ever increasing traffic volumes and the ever growing aggressiveness of many drivers has caused me very many long frustrating days and nights, I haven't been fishing once since October and I rarely have had the time to read what's going on here on the site let alone get out and wet a line. My solice in reaching the halfway point is offset by my sadness from having to respond to a number of fatal accidents including the loss of a 3 year old girl this holiday season. The stress of my job leaves me longing for the relaxing days on the river I miss and need so much this time of year. I have really enjoyed taking a few minutes to catch up on some reading here, I'm glad to see Glenbow had such a great trip and a got a more than a few laughs at many of the recent posts/photos on the boards, Surprisingly (LOL) I miss Birchy's jokes and I'll always be looking out for Rick's stories when I get a chance.

The river outside my house is silent now and I eagerly await the roar of spring run off once again, with that I'll wish all of you a safe and happy new year. I hope all had a great Xmas (I got a new Ovation 12-string from the wife myself ;) ) and I hope those who have the time to fish have good luck and land some monsters. Please take care when travelling through the mountains and keep in mind that conditions change signifigantly with changes in elevation and that weather microsystems exist throughout also altering conditions. Give yourself extra time and be please be patient with other motorists, my plows and the general conditions. Cheers to another good year and a few more ticks off the old hitlist this coming summer.

Rob

happy new years all. spent the evening in lethbridge at the cotton blossom at the lodge. good food, good drink, good company, too bad it was a last minute idea, otherwise i would have lwarned ya'll down south know i coming to town. my brain is fried from the drive back and soon i am going for a nap.

Hey Pipes,

Good to hear from you. Happy New Year to one and all, and may this be the best year of fishing for everyone yet.

Hang in there Pipes, spring and happy times are coming! Thanks for the cautionary advice & for checking in. Take care.

Happy New Year Rob!

I'll second that offer to fish anytime you come to Calgary. We can let TM fish all the outer water with his big stick while we pick off all the fish closer to shore.

And thanks for that reminder of the dangers of driving in the mountains in the winter. I'm taking the family to Panorama early tomorrow morning and will be sure to keep the speed reasonable to conditions.