Fly Fusion Forums

Looking At A New Reel For My 5wt

The Summit is a lowerer end Pflueger reel, should be able to pick one up for 40-50 bucks or so..never seen one but I own a few different Pflueger products and have yet to be dissapointed..The Trion will be your next step up, I have a couple (56 & 78) and both have been nothing but perfect for me, should be able to pick one up for under a c-note.

...if times is not a factor..shop around on e-bay...

Brownstone

Thanks for the reply. This is why I was asking, I was looking at a few on Ebay but they are around $50.00 then you add in $20 for shipping so it looks like it's not worth it.

Thanks for the heads up :D

Chris,

I looked at completed listings and found a couple that had sold for the $60 range, with shipping. The best was a 3-4 that sold for under $40 with $8 shipping.

Guest bigbadbrent

too shiny for me, wish the sage 2550's came in black (or at least had ordered one in black!)...

maybe i'll get it annodized camo or something

Well now I know why it has kicked ass all these years SWEET I do love my SA but since I have 2 5wt rods I was hoping to get into another reel so some of my newby friends or my 7 year old could use it. So i'm just looking for the best bang for the buck but treating myself to a really nice real is tempting.