Fly Fusion Forums

Early Fathers Day

Well im gonna have to start this out with a MY WIFE IS THE GREATEST not only cause shes watching me but she gave me $1300 dollars that shes saved up over the last 6 months with her new job to go buy a pontoon boat.

SO I went to WSP in Calgary and bought http://www.waterskeeter.com/enlarge/lg_klamath_lp.jpg even though it was far less than she gave me (i didnt want to spend all her hard earned money.

I can not wait untill the water goes down on the clearwater and the North Sask. to really put it through its paces. It is so freakin awesome I did an hour worth of rowing on my lawn after i set it up to test out the strategic positioning of the BEER holder.

This weekend is gonna be awesome no wallowing around in the belly boat for me!!!!!111

(lucky bastard)

Mike

awww...that's very nice of your wife. Hope you enjoy your new present!

Even I'm not that nice. Oh wait...I did buy my husband a pontoon boat a few years ago. 2 of them actually - a big one and a small one. And a new rod a few years ago.

This year he's just getting a screwdriver set.

awww...that's very nice of your wife. Hope you enjoy your new present!

Even I'm not that nice. Oh wait...I did buy my husband a pontoon boat a few years ago. 2 of them actually - a big one and a small one. And a new rod a few years ago.

This year he's just getting a screwdriver set.

Lynn,

Perhaps you could get together with PrairieCreekFlyer's wife and put on a class? I could tie my wife up and make her attend. I thing LK and Birchy might be interested as well? I would pay and I'm sure they would as well. Nice little home business for ya! More time for the grandbaby.

PrairieCreekFlyer, we can leave your wifes brother out of this, regardless of his opinions on the outdoors.

Lynn,

Perhaps you could get together with PrairieCreekFlyer's wife and put on a class? I could tie my wife up and make her attend. I thing LK and Birchy might be interested as well? I would pay and I'm sure they would as well. Nice little home business for ya! More time for the grandbaby.

PrairieCreekFlyer, we can leave your wifes brother out of this, regardless of his opinions on the outdoors.

See...I like that....a guy who's always thinking. I just knew that there had to be a way to profit from desperate fly fishermen :lol:

See...I like that....a guy who's always thinking. I just knew that there had to be a way to profit from desperate fly fishermen :lol:

Lynn,

Desperate men are easy to profit from in so many ways. We are pretty simple creatures. Dangle shiny, pretty things in front of us and we'll take two please, cost is no object!! Oh if only fishing were so easy to figure out. Or women.

Hey Mike,

I think for the maiden voyage you should put it in at Prairie Creek, start at Strachan and don't stop till you hit the Clearwater. :D

Far to many log jams and deadfall 3 inches off the water untill you get behind mitchell lake and that area then i believe alot of that is cleared up.

I think a good float would be from Quallys Corner to cleawater and to the Confluence of the North Sask.

Regards Mike

Oh you guys are such wimps. If her brother is even halfway good lookin, my GF is out the door & I want his number!

Yes, I am kidding, my GF has bought me a float tube & a whole lot more. She even has her own float tube & we've had some good time out & about. (& a few at home too :).

you got a keeper there PCF.

ahhhhh so many bitter bitter things I want to say........... :wacko:

Congrats on the pontoon but it sounds like its her thats the real gift she must be a special lady. Sounds like you may have to do some shopping for something shiny soon (and no I don't mean a chrome Battenkill reel)((I mean a Billy Pate LOL))

Anyways you family men enjoy it Sunday and if you think enough about us Sorry single SOB's you should enjoy it even more. :P

My wife bought me an $800 set of irons a few years back so I can't push too hard at the pontoon... :lol:

And no, my golf game isn't any better... I just look more stylin!!

Well, if you look like a million bucks but golf like crap, your just having a bad day...but if you look like crap and golf like crap then...you are crap..

With regards...

"Well im gonna have to start this out with a MY WIFE IS THE GREATEST not only cause shes watching me but she gave me $1300 dollars that shes saved up over the last 6 months with her new job to go buy a pontoon boat."

If I wuz you, I know what name I'd give that pontoon boat. PrairieCreekFisher, you are one lucky guy!

Man, I gotta get my wife in the game. I've played golf all my life, do I get any stinkin' golf clubs? A pontoon boat for fishing? No and No.

Oh well, she's given my 19 wonderful years and 3 beautiful kids. I guess that'll do!

Happy Fathers Day All!!