Fly Fusion Forums

New Jim Mclennan Book Coming Out

admin

I just heard news that Jim McLennan has a new book coming out early next year called "Water Marks". I didn't hear what the content of the new book is yet, but I think they are going to release it at the Western Canadian Fly Fishing Exposition at the end of January. I just finished watching his Iron Blue TV show he had a while back and reading the Trout Streams of Alberta not long ago. I'm looking forward to reading this. He is also supposed to be doing some book signings around the Calgary fly shop after it's released.

Guest bigbadbrent

Yeah, water marks is his column in Fly Fusion..

No clue what it's about, just know its being launched there....Headscan may be onto something

There is a book announcement on page 66 of the current Fly Fusion Magazine. It is set to release early February of 2008. It is a collection of his works from 1981 to 2007.

The announcement says to check www.flyfusionmag.com and click on Fusion Books link.

Edit - I looked at the www.flyfusionmag.com site and cannot see a Fusion Books link. Maybe the link is not up yet.

Has anyone seen a hard cover copy of Blue Ribbon Bow around? Its the only thing I want for Xmas, used to have a signed copy when it first came out but I think my ex-wife probably has it now.

Looking forward to Jim's next book, used to spend many a day in Country Pleasures bugging him for as much info as I could.

Colin

Has anyone seen a hard cover copy of Blue Ribbon Bow around? Its the only thing I want for Xmas, used to have a signed copy when it first came out but I think my ex-wife probably has it now.

Looking forward to Jim's next book, used to spend many a day in Country Pleasures bugging him for as much info as I could.

Colin

I just bought a signed hard cover copy of Blue Ribbon Bow at Wholesale Sports. It was the last hard cover though.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bigbadbrent

Just to let everyone know

Jim Mclennan will be doing a book signing at Bow River Troutfitters, the saturday before the show (the 19th, i believe)

More info once i know it

Jim's new book will be avail just immediately before the show. It is a collection of updated, favorite articles. The book signings are tentative as the timing is very tight. Apparently it is coming along nicely but there is still work to be done, certainly, in the editing, some last minute writing fine tuning, photo selection areas, etc before it hits the presses.

Hope this helps.

Colin

Check this out.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Fly-fishing-Canada-Albe...1QQcmdZViewItem

• 2 weeks later...

Well got my copy for Xmas, wife ended up contacting Jim directly and he gave her a signed copy of the revised edition. Best part was he came into town and met her at a mall, definitely above and beyond what was expected. Looking forward to seeing him at the show and thanking him in person.

Colin :)