Fly Fusion Forums

Fundraising Auction, Now Live On Fundraising Page!

Folks,

As most of you know, I've run a charity auction for my MS Ride every year for several years. I would like to do it again, but just wanted to gauge interest both in donations and bidding. Seems every year the participation drops, so if it's run it's course then that's fine too. Just curious. As always I can donate a day somewhere (whatever that's worth) and I can typically get a donation from one of the local shops of a float. If anyone else is interested, drop me a PM or reply here. thanks!

Ok. I'll go again this year.

I'm planning on a full on scouting trip to remote BC this year, likely mid July to late July with myself and Bigbowtrout the likely scouters. I won't be able to promise fish as I've never been there (though i wouldn't be going if I didn't plan on finding some, or many). Our scouting trips typically involve more fishing than scouting quite honestly. The plan is to haul the trailer in as far as we can on a Friday and fish Saturday and Sunday. I'll auction off a spot on that trip. I did this several years ago on a different river. Find place on map, drive way into back country, fish. Anyone who has seen my blog has seen a bunch of pictures of that river over the years. Hopefully I find something similar here. Worst case is lots of beer and camp fires.

I have a few other items promised. The plan is to start sometime next week.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who looked, bid, and donated prizes or cash to this. Between the auction items and other people on FFC, I've raised right around $1500 from this site this year. Can't tell you all how much I appreciate it. I am also #5 out of 477 riders in fundraising right now. No way I'll stay that high, but it's cool to be up there nonetheless!

Thanks again!

• Like 4