Fly Fusion Forums

Watch A Couple Of These Vids..

A year and a half later.. wow, I almost forgot I posted this thread. Had to look back to see who the guy who was uttering threats Joe Dirt Style.. oh, it was this clown!

Envy.. i'm sorry that my being offended by the mishandling of beautiful trout offends you. Errr, wait. No, i'm not. Feel free to PM me if you have a problem with that.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got one guess as to who "Envy1234" is, and I think I've got a 50/50 chance of being right. Right Mike? or Todd? I am glad to hear your fish handling has improved. Not my type of guys, but I don't think many here would have a beef if they were following the regs. and handling fish properly. This example is probably one of the best arguements for licensing guides in this province IMO.

Go to the gallery and to Picture 226 and see what these guys have done to the Brown trout... as there is FRESH BLOOD I say it is these guys..

Any "guide" who would put a bleeding trout on dry rocks to take a picture should have his tongue removed through his a$$hole.

Any "guide" who would put a bleeding trout on dry rocks to take a picture should have his tongue removed through his a$$hole.

Then pulled back up and inserted in the bloody hole of a mouth and pulled through again....

That and most of the pics in that evil gallery are prime examples how not to fish or handle fish.

That is just my opinion. I would not ever fish with, be taken fishing by, or take this type of person as I will not call them fisherman, fishing...

Treble hooks in this day and age are not required....

is this for real?

of all the pictures posted on this site(by flyisherman)i've never seen blood from a fish....and even the questionable pics are nowhere near the disrespect shown in that gallery....fish on dry grass,rocks etc etc ...you've seen them

i'm usually pretty open minded.... keep it within the regs then give'er but this isn't good...but i see now there's more to than keeping it inside the regs....i guess i could be wrong in thinking that some of these fish(at least)didn't make it....a sport resource must take quite a hit with habits like these happening.Here I am being to freaked out to even take a picture of a fish that I thought I may have played too long but I will admit that might be a little over doing it.I'd just like to make sure that fish is around to catch again.

i guess i'm still open to misinterpretation of what we're looking at....maybe all fish released fine,can't see it

Ladies and Gentlemen..

I forced myself to look at all 298 Pictures of carnage... There is NO I will say it again NO fly fishing being done in any of the Pictures....

SO GET THAT *hit OFF THIS BB.... do not give this guy any space on this BB or any other Fly fishing BB..

Let him suffer alone on his own blog....

There must have been over 30 Pics with bloody, very bloody fish... and dry grass and all of them have very bad handling some thing this BB is suppose to oppose...

SO WHY IS IT HERE?

If this was posted to Piss people off then you have done it...

I was warned that this particular BB was controversial, in some things but never expected this....

I thought that you all had respect for the reason that we all Fly fish, Fish! I would not care if all he held up and bloodied were friggen Carp or even gasp Perch... they are still damn offensive pictures and practices ....

Whom ever taught this person to fish this way should be smacked in the friggen head, and he should be kicked for teaching kids and women that this an accepted method of catching fish....

If I read right he maybe a Newfie, well I know a lot of Newfies, and they are a rough bunch the lot of them but they have respect and know what is right and wrong even it is not wrong in the eyes of the law...

I will now go and wash my eyes out with Bleach....

Wow...

That is alot of stone-eye dead trout...

That fish in pictures 220-222 was handled for at least 2 full minutes on an August day... I'm guessing it thrashed into deeper water and procceeded to die.

Fish #98 ... I'm sure it'll swim away fine.

Fish #240 is in spawning mode, with tail worn and caught mid Nov... they sure caught alot of fish that day at that spot...

#247 is dead, I hope they at least ate it.

#258 is dead... damn shame (I don't know where it is so I won't comment further except to point out Bear spray).

#272 is dead... white spots, mountain lake???

http://www.mycyberimages.com/gallery/index...27&page=all

Okay okay... the vast majority of those fish are mishandled, many will die, the worst part... they are teaching those kids with them

Sportsmen like these disgust me!

Envy1234, nice troll, but it's jackasses like you and these guys that give groups like PETA all the right to criticize the sport. It's a sad world that we live in if you've been writing in fishing rags for forty years... why don't you let us know which ones so we can point it out to the editors, Beeatch.

Of course NFLD has less fishing pressure than Alberta and based on the last survey, but:

6 mil fish kept of 8.3 mil caught in NFLD (72%)

1.6 mil fish kept of 12.3 mil caught in Alberta (13%)

Leave the catch and release expertise to the Albertan's on the board.

[edit]The NFLD stuff is tounge and cheek and I don't mean any offence to those from the rock. Just making a point about assumptions of backgrounds.[/edit]

I've met these guys on stream a few times. There nice enough fellas, but there fish handling obviously still sucks... ass evidenced by this thread. I was bitching at them 5 years or more ago.

This thread does smack of reasons to license guides, but what would prevent these guys from passing a written test, etc?? Think about that...

This thread does smack of reasons to license guides, but what would prevent these guys from passing a written test, etc?? Think about that...

Looking at pictures of the guys I could think of a thing or two.

Considering when this thread was started and how long it has lasted; don't you think these two have gotten more than their share of attention? It seems to be a concesus that they are poor handlers of fish. If they were looking for attention they sure enough got more than their share. Why should we give them more?

Ive got no problem sharing the river with spinners drifters rafters dogs who ever. We are all out on the river to enjoy what ever it is we like to do.... If people are following regs and giving each other space then its all good in my books

Is there anyway to start some sort of petition or rally to make the Bow Flyfishing only in certain parts of the river? l know they have some rivers in b.c. like that we should have it here as well...

As much as I would love to see fly fishing only in certain parts of the Bow I don't think there's a chance in hell that would ever happen. The Bow is an icon of Alberta fishing and much too productive to warrant any more rules which are restrictive. Especially rules that bark elitism.

Is there anyway to start some sort of petition or rally to make the Bow Flyfishing only in certain parts of the river? l know they have some rivers in b.c. like that we should have it here as well...

Bad idea.

Fly fishing should not be mandated. Some people don't understand and will never appreciate the true brilliance of fly fishing. You can't legislate it in anymore than you could legislate that people only drink good red wine. Just as there will always be those that differentiate the quality of a bottle by the volume it holds, there will be anglers that choose less refined methods. You should not let that diminish your enjoyment of the art of fly fishing.

Trying to convince the unenlightened of the crudeness of their methods is like trying to debate the Quantity Thoeretic framework of money to a salesman from Futureshop. You might contend that Marx's view overstated the effect of the rapidity of alternation of the antithetical processes of circulation on determining the quantity of circulating medium (And, of course, you would be spot on in my opinion). However, the concept is so far beyond the comprehension of your audience that even though you are right, you would be wasting your breath. Even worse, you might be threatened with violence if you choose the wrong salesman.

If you can appreciate true fly fishing, do so. For those that can't - have the wisdom and compassion to understand that it is not a choice they have made, but rather a defect in character that neither you nor they can change.

I sincerely hope this will promote tolerance of the Spey fishers going forward.