Fly Fusion Forums

Ffc Campout - Location

Location of event.  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Where should we do it?

• On the Bow river somewhere
    • Southern Alberta (near Crow area)
    • Somewhere like Bullshead Reservoir
    • Central Alberta foothills (Near Ram river)
    • K-country (Near Cataract Creek/Highwood etc)

Judging by the amount of empty beer cans and broken glass along the OM and Livingstone you won't be the only one's drinking.

Went to a spot this year only to see an empty every pool or so. The Livingstone area pisses me off, as it's over run by rednecks. Its only a matter of time before that rivers trashed from the logging upstream and the thousands of people coming down from Calgary to party and shoot some things.

Sorry for the rant but I've seen that river go from gorgeous to overrun with garbage and such in not a lot of time.

Guest bigbadbrent
Here's my record for a "beer" bong...2 x 1/2 litre cans of Strongbow cider=1 litre...a can of Carlsberg which filled the funnel/bong and finish with a shot of Jagermeister!

http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p104/bi...nt=HPIM0336.flv

And how not to drink a beer bong!

http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p104/bi...nt=HPIM0338.flv

hahahahaha, that completely made my day...that's like watching my Dad hitting a beer bong....party on garth

Wow Al...you were my hero until CARLSBERG. Blecchhhhhhhh

Lynn there are two types of beer...

(1) Good beer

(2) Free beer

Carlsberg was the latter and I wasn't really savouring every drop as it flew down my throat in milliseconds!!!

• 3 months later...

I guess we could get this sucker rolling eh? There was a lot of interest. Maybe we should pick firm dates / location and get a sign-up sheet going. Can anyone organize that? I'm just too dang busy @ work right now to be reliable as far as the heavy duty organizing goes.

hope you weren't planning on syncline...from what they have told me when reserving for our wedding, they are booked solid throughout the summer...good thing i got in there when i did cuz we got our time reserved but the campout might have to take on a different homestead...

Guest bigbadbrent
Could this be timed for April 25th weekend? I will be in Olds visiting, could be a good getaway for myself and the girlfriend....

I thought your right hand was attached..

• 1 year later...

What I don't get is this thread started in 2007 and ended in early 2008 and then someone recently cast a vote on it....as far as I know this topic has been dead since Mar/08

Flytyer:

That was me! My bad, I saw it near the top, and I didn't even pay attention to the dates; I thought this was happening this year. So I voted, then realized the thread was 2 yrs old. Whoops.

Someone else must have voted too though, since it only appeared when I clicked "View New Posts", and there the thread was! This was before I voted. Weird.

Anyways, given the topics lately a get together would be good, but we should probably start a new thread. Sure would like to meet some of the Cowtown/S.A. folk.

Smitty

Flytyer:

That was me! My bad, I saw it near the top, and I didn't even pay attention to the dates; I thought this was happening this year. So I voted, then realized the thread was 2 yrs old. Whoops.

Someone else must have voted too though, since it only appeared when I clicked "View New Posts", and there the thread was! This was before I voted. Weird.

Anyways, given the topics lately a get together would be good, but we should probably start a new thread. Sure would like to meet some of the Cowtown/S.A. folk.

Smitty

No worries Smitty

Is there a way to put an end to these polls showing up as a new post just because someone casts a vote?

Good Question; I'm not sure if there is ....I too find poll votes showing as new posts a bit on the annoying side. Perhaps Darren could tell us if this is possible.