Fly Fusion Forums

Non-competition Ffc Campout

Who is interested in a non competitive FFC campout? In July, some weekend? If we get enough interest now, let's book something. Only competitions will be who can consume the most bevvy's around a big campfire. Don't some of you guys play guitar? that'd be cool for around the fire. We could do some fly tying as well. Anyone got portable tying gear? I do...

Anyways, who is interested?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We'd be in. Chances are we'll be parked up at Racehorse (or in the area) again next year if they don't decide to close the world and kick us out. Think about the OMR group campground if you're thinking down that area. Makes a lot of sense in many ways. Would be much fun!

I'll bring the martinis.

Sounds great. I am totally in for the non competitive get togethers. We should book some sort of a Campground. Of course if we do that everyone who wants to be in has to be in and we would likely have to collect in advance, pay in advance. Otherwise the person makin the booking gets dinged if people don't show and don't pay up.

Keep us posted. Only 7 months away. We'll probably be at the trailer that weekend, so would drive down to wherever it was at least for a few hours.

Just a thought. ... longs are hard for people who can't get away Thursday as a lot of campgrounds are full by Thur evening. Make it the weekend of the OM TU weed pull at the lease in early July or late June...date TBA. Just work for 3 to 4 hours on Sat morning is all.

That way we'd get some labor out of this band of reprobates. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I would love to do this and would recomend some of the campsites around the castle area, maybe like beaver mines, or i know in the back country there are a ton of open campsites you are able to just drive into that would have enough room for a lot of people. This area also makes driving to the various lakes / crowsnest/ and other great streams/rivers very easy.

Nice group site below the OM dam. The main c/g tends to be underused as well so should be quiet in the regular area. You can fish right there or 30 minutes to the Crow, 45+ to Castle, 1 hour+ to the Gap. The fishing below the dam comes and goes. Was pretty decent in spring.

This is certainly not the most prime, pristine "destination" group site, however, it is probably the quietest on a weekend. And only 15 minutes to Pincher for more beer. ;)