Fly Fusion Forums

Bull Trout Recipes

brokentippet

Just wondering if anyone would be kind enough to share some recipes for bull trout flies. I've never tied any and any help I can get as far as recipes and tips would be great. If anyone knows about a book out there I might be able to get my hands on to help would be awesome.

Thanks

Cct body fur sculpin

25mm shank

Size 2 game b10 or r 10 hook

Senyo wire/beading wire

2 large beads (optional)

Large olive sculpin helmet

Olive bunny strip

Cct body fur

Red crystal flash

Olive green and brown marker.

Tie 2" strip of bunny to shank, then your body fur and wrap forward. Tie off.

Loop wire through eye of 25mmshank, add beads and tie onto hook shank. Keeping in mind that hook shank will be up. Tie body fur onto hook and wrap forward. Tie in two short pieces of bunny as pectoral fins and add crystal flash on bottom. Super glue/bond sculpin helmet on so that hook shank rides pointing up.

Trim fur to a nice taper. Colour top half of body fur with olive to give you a two toned fly. Bar the pectoral fins with brown Marker if you wish.

Awesome fly. Rarely hangs up, great movement and always gets deep. (Split shot is for losers :P)

I was dangling on at my feet at the base of some narrow falls a couple years ago. Had a legit 30" bull come 10 feet off the bottom and grab it a foot below the surface. Wish I had the GoPro running.

• Like 1