Fly Fusion Forums

Looking For A Place To Shoot

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, I think its about 10 bucks per round. Can't remember how many clays that gets you as its been a while for me. You'll need to bring target loads though, they are pretty strict about what you're shooting with there. Trying to keep the peace with the neighbors.

I shoot at Silver Willow, Dewinton, and Carstairs. Dewinton is a good option since it's close. I can't recall the membership/drop in details (I'm a member though at all 3) 25 clays per round of straight trap at either Dewinton or Carstairs and shells works out to about 15 buck a round if I recall. Carstairs is a round of 100 for sporting clays with a green or blue course for difficulty. The trap and sporting range border each other, I've only shot trap up there a few times but it's a good bunch of guys and some definite gun hands also. They have had some major opposition I think from acreage owners regarding noise, typical of people that build a house right near an active shooting range.