Fly Fusion Forums

Mission Impossible?

Folks,

Telus has informed me that my old analog telephone will no longer be "supported" after September 2008. In the market for a replacement. Gotta report poachers.

I wanta phone!!! No cameras, text messaging, email services, bluetooth [if I had bluetooth - I'd head for the emergency to get my mouth examined], or any other clap-crap or garbage.

What's needed - tough -rugged - rechargeable from truck, lottsa power [the analog is 3 watts], external antenna, decent carrying case or belt gizmo, somewhat water resistant. I guess a outdoors/sportmans phone.

I know I'm flying in the face of increased and useless technology, but any phone where the instructions for use weigh 20X the weight of the phone ain't for me.

Tried emailing Telus but that is about the most useless site there is.

Any ideas where I could find such a phone.

catch ya'

Don

Don I know what you mean and though the best course of action for me was to just go in and actually talk to someone, about 60% of the time you talk to some fluffy thing who gives you a spiel by rote. Still I would say you need to go in and tell them what you need.....can you even get a phone without a camera anymore?

I am looking for a new local cell for one of my daughters and I have to go and make the rounds again myself. Good luck.