Fly Fusion Forums

Cool News From Trout Unlimited

bcubed

I have heard in the past many people bemoan TUC, and I agree in some terms.

Well it looks like the board is looking for members according to their website. Director, communications and treasurer.

maybe it's time to put the money where the mouth is and effect change......

Change can happen if there is someone like Bcube to drive it. I know he helped with the redd count, and constantly advocates and educates about our rivers. I know I appreciate his time, effort and knowledge.

There were also the willow cutting and planting days this year on the oldman and mallards. Fish rescue, and probably more I'm not aware of.

I also look at other "young" bucks like Jpinkster, who are trying to effect change.

So change and action seems like it is happening.

I know I could do more for the sport I love, and I will DO more, and complain less.

• Like 4

Could be wrong, but TU Does F all..

Been watching for years..

I'd say that's changing. I used to feel they weren't doing a lot but things seem to be picking up. I was on the redd count in the fall and there was a good turnout of volunteers. Bought a membership this year for the first time in quite a while.

• Like 2

I joined the Bow River TUC chapter board late last year. There is a lot of eagerness and interest in doing some interesting stuff. I've brought some of my perspectives on poaching to the table, and we are also working on some content to address recent reports of carp being introduced into storm ponds around Calgary (if these were to drain into the Bow it could have very real consequences).

I think the future of the Bow River TUC Chapter is VERY bright.

• Like 4