Fly Fusion Forums

Just Some Pictures!

albertatrout

Enjoyed the other photo posts, thought I should contribute. I did not bring the camera along much at all this year, some photo's may be from last summer.

DSC00519.jpg

DSC00313.jpg

DSC00452.jpg

P1000782.jpg

DSC03184.jpg

Young rainbows after the hatch.

DSC01699.jpg

40'' River Pike Waking Up

DSC01557.jpg

Baby pike hanging out

DSC01924.jpg

Brookie fishing down south, always good in the spring.

DSC01681.jpg

I caught a lot of great fish this summer but rarely snap a shot anymore. Maybe remember to pull the camera out more next year.

• Like 9

• 6 months later...

Thought I'd add a few shots from this year thus far. I haven't taken very many photos but have got out a ton, few different lakes, lots of streams, lots of fish. Here's some rainbow photo's from a few of the southern stocked lakes. Girthy, interestingly enough we have not caught a single fresh stocker this year. Now, only if the fish at outpost had this shape/ body condition. These lakes seem to have far more food, and the fish are far harder to catch. Flies seem to produce far bigger fish than what the shoreline bait chuckers are catching. I rarely encounter other flyfishers, it pays to explore. Bait fishers do not seem to be removing the larger fish, it's been a blast this year.

a2_zpsjzjdm8xx.jpg

a6_zpsxt0nyer7.jpg

a5_zpsl1ywadjj.jpg

a4_zpsyewdnafl.jpg

We did the lake white thing a few times this year, sure not particular and they fight great. Did not see another angler while out for them.

a1_zpsyy87p2q1.jpg

And a bit of stream fishing. I really don't get the camera out much on the rivers, enjoy myself too much to remember. Lots of whites, bullies, brookies, and bows this year. Oh, and grizzlies, up to 10 or so encounters with them fuzzy buggers as well.

b1_zpsknd1gspv.jpg

b2_zpsexhfygxf.jpg

And, the bonus of low flows and no freshet is there are LOTS of fry around. Could still see egg sacs on many of them, but my underwater photo skills are lacking. Emergence was about a month early and they are thick! 2 years of good fry production in a row, seeing these guys takes away a bit of the frustration caused by the low stream flows.

b3_zpsda8czodf.jpg

• Like 5