Fly Fusion Forums

Vhs To Dvd Conversion

Dave,there is a small mall on the east side of Elbow drive between Southland and Heritage. If I recall correctly, there is a sign up that says they do that kind of copying. I have never used them so I can't comment on prices or quality of work. I drive by there often so I could get some details if you like.

Roxio VHS to DVD - available at Best Buy for around $70. It has hardware that connects your VHS player to your desktop. Just play the tape and it creates a digital file that you can use to burn a DVD. I did all our VHS movies - over a 100. The software that comes with it is pretty crappy, but I got the job done.

The name of the place WAS Stopwatch. Doesn't matter anymore because they are not there now, shut down about a year ago. The Son still does this and left a business card with the Barber Shop. The card simply says

TRANSFERS. By Ryan Bechthold. 1 403 253 7401

If you call it, let me know how you made out.

On another note, I think Costco also does transfers to DVD.

The name of the place WAS Stopwatch. Doesn't matter anymore because they are not there now, shut down about a year ago. The Son still does this and left a business card with the Barber Shop. The card simply says

TRANSFERS. By Ryan Bechthold. 1 403 253 7401

If you call it, let me know how you made out.

On another note, I think Costco also does transfers to DVD.

Thanks Murray ,

Going fishing for a week I'll check when I'm back.

Thanks again for your efforts.

• Like 1

Roxio VHS to DVD - available at Best Buy for around $70. It has hardware that connects your VHS player to your desktop. Just play the tape and it creates a digital file that you can use to burn a DVD. I did all our VHS movies - over a 100. The software that comes with it is pretty crappy, but I got the job done.

Thanks terry, I did look at a few programs and may go that route.

Cheers

We were in Costco today so I asked if they do the transfers to DVD. They gave me a pamphlet and prices are as follows

$27.99 for up to 2 tapes that's a total of 2 hours per DVD. Extra copies of the same DVD are $8.59 each.

Murray