Fly Fusion Forums

Display Flies For 2008 Flyfishing Expo

Flytyer

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a very hard tie. You definitely can't whip these out quick. Somewhere between the fishable fly and a display fly.

Green Drake Special

OMG that is just beautiful. I am gonna have to learn how to do that braid(weave?) work it looks really impressive.

This event is cancelled due to lack of interest. Thanks to those of you who did show an interest in the project.

Thats too bad I had most of my worm patterns completed, I guess I will just have to fish them. I wish I had more time to try some of the other patterns. Thanks for trying to organize this, it would have been an amazing display.

This event is cancelled due to lack of interest. Thanks to those of you who did show an interest in the project.

Damn! and I only had the Serendipidy Caddis pupa left to do!

Well, I will try out that Black Dace on our Rainbows here on Sunday as they are getting reluctant to take in the cold!

OMG that is just beautiful. I am gonna have to learn how to do that braid(weave?) work it looks really impressive.

Thanks, Lundvike. The weave is called an overhand knot weave (I think). Its pretty easy to do once you get the hang of it. And for some reason, the fish see to like flies that use it

Thanks, Lundvike. The weave is called an overhand knot weave (I think). Its pretty easy to do once you get the hang of it. And for some reason, the fish see to like flies that use it

I found this article I will have to try it out when I get back from vacation.

Overhand Knot Weave

Is your fly a different color on the bottom?

Yes. Its tan on the bottom. Thats the weave alright. I'll try to describe it in less words.

Always pass the dark/top thread *over* the light/bottom thread and pinch it where it meets.

While pinched, push on the dark thread so a loop is formed *under* the light thread. It just has to be big enough to slip it over the eye (making sure the light thread stays under). You don't need to grab it or anything, just slip it over the eye.

Pull tight and repeat. Its just that easy.