Fly Fusion Forums

Display Flies For 2008 Flyfishing Expo

Flytyer

I am putting myself out on a limb here but I will attempt the following for this

Copper John

Hare Sculpin

Serendipity Caddis Nymph

Marabou Dace

When do you need these in for? I need to allow 10 days for postage from here to reach you and getting near Christmas might mean a delay so I will get them off as quickly as possible in the next week.

Thanks AC I can send you the recipes and I would need to have them by mid January 2008 so there is lots of time.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be happy to help with a few (4ish) of the simpler patterns if there are any I can't seem to find that book.

On the first page I have listed every fly in the book by category......if you want pick what you think is easy enough for you and i'll help you where I can.

I would be happy to help with a few (4ish) of the simpler patterns if there are any I can't seem to find that book.

Carl the worm patterns are easy enough to do if your interested.

I'm going to do a few more but I'm waiting for others to join in and give them a fairer chance of getting to pick something they would like to tie.

Carl the worm patterns are easy enough to do if your interested.

I'm going to do a few more but I'm waiting for others to join in and give them a fairer chance of getting to pick something they would like to tie.

V Rib Worm

Bead Head Wire Worm

EG Juan

Vernille Worm

Red Hot Worm

Without knowing the specific patterns these sound fairly easy. I will try them if I can get the patterns so I can make sure I have the correct materials.

Why are the original tiers not being asked to do these patterns?

If any of the original tyers read this and want to they are more than welcome to. The intent of this is to pay tribute to these tyers and Neil for compiling the book that is very beneficial to ara tyers and fly anglers.

Sign me up for the Deiter's Ant.

Mike Corigan is an active member of the hook and hackle (a great, informative, friendly guy). Actually, about 10 contributor's to this book are active members. Mike told me the Dieter's Ant was one of his most productive patterns. I tied up quite a few but haven't found the opportunity to try the yet. That is why I still have a few patterns in box.

The display wouldn't be complete without one.

I need to know how many flies are going to be tied......planning the layout of the display is hard without more exact number.......I know it's a fairly long way off but I'm not going to wait to last minute to lay this thing out...hence a little push on who's in and with what......it's just for planning purposes

I have the book and I can tie up a couple more. Doesn't matter to me which. The expo is still a long way off. I'm waiting to see what goes and I'll pick up some of the others. If you have any suggestion/preference's, let me know. How many flies are you shooting for?

Pick whatever you like; ample time has been given to pick off the easier ones I think.

I was flipping through the book yesterday looking for a challenging fly (or two). I have to say, the tying instructions leave a lot to be desired.

Anyway, sign me up for the Green Drake Special. It looks like a real tough tie but I'll try a few, send you the best, and fish the rest.

mega late on this...whos in..whos not..whats there too tye..i dotn ahve the book..ron give me a few ideas? im game forsure!

Max, if you pick a couple from the list provided, I'll scan in the picture and pattern for you. Or, if you give me an idea what your interested in (dry, nymph, stream), I can show a couple that haven't been picked yet.

ps. The Green Drake Special is coming along. Not as nice as the picture, but very buggy looking.