Fly Fusion Forums

Retreading Simms Boots

Anyone ever did a retread on Simms boots? I have a pair of Riversheds that are like 3 years old now and the vibram soles have seen better days. I'd like to retread them as the boots seem to have a lot of life left in them. Any info apprectiated.

Rick, only place to get it done properly is the quick cobbler in Vancouver, and the price is a bit silly. Plus I don't think you can get the soles unless you go through them. I ended up just sanding mine off, and installing felts. Got another year out of them at the least for ~$30.

• Like 1

Had this question on my mind as well.. I was thinking about taking my boots to a shoe repair shop with a new set of felts and just showing him what I need done! Don't want to retire my boots because they're still in good shape aside from the felt!

Except the rest of the boot falls apart before the soles wear out :P

I've heard that, but it's never been my experience. I have had two different models and the only reason that I replaced my first pair was that I was an idiot and bought the wrong size! Which meant I had to replace all the damn soles too lol

Two seasons strong on this current set and no issues so far.

I've heard that, but it's never been my experience. I have had two different models and the only reason that I replaced my first pair was that I was an idiot and bought the wrong size! Which meant I had to replace all the damn soles too lol

Two seasons strong on this current set and no issues so far.

I was really just grinding your gears. I do know that I've seen more than a few pairs of Korkers fall apart after a season of use in the past, but I don't know if they've gotten better since.

I was really just grinding your gears. I do know that I've seen more than a few pairs of Korkers fall apart after a season of use in the past, but I don't know if they've gotten better since.

You were grinding my gears? That NEVER happens on this site...how COULD you!?

:masterbaiter:

I wish someone would edit this emoticon to the proper "You're a Bait Fisherman" if I'm gonna rib someone....I would like to at least be grammatically correct.

• Like 1

Yes " except the rest of the boot falls apart before the soles wear out". My exact experience with two pairs of korkers in 4 years of fishing. That is why I wear a pair of Simms now, and am quite happy with them, because they are durable.