Fly Fusion Forums

Definatly Going On My To Do Before I Die List

Teck71

I just watched a video of fly fishing at Tierra Del Fuego, in Argentina on the Rio Grande. Some 30-33 lbs are caught each year.

What's the title Playdoh? I'm looking to buy a few good fly fishing DVDs.

as sweet as that would be..who wants to fish a lake, when in argentina

"Trips to Jurassic Lake are only run as an add on program to either a weeks fishing for Sea-Trout at Las Buitreras or as a combination program with a week at Santa Cruz for Steelhead. The season we will also be running a full week package at Jurassic Lake in November and December."

Looks like a nice side trip :)

Greetings Fly Fish Calgary Forum,

Hola from Rio Gallegos!

Thank you all kindly for the invitations to fish when I roll through your area. That should be around mid-July. Can´t remember if that is a good time or not. I would definitely be up for spending 7-10 days in the area and meeting the forum members. I assume everyone shares my ïnterest¨in sitting around the backyard with a nice BBQ and a healthy stock of beer?!?!?

Thank you also for the supportive commentary on my little adventure. I can tell you with complete understatement that it has been one hell of a journey. Can really put it into words.....although many have suggested that I try to write it all down after it is all done. I´ve fished with the best fishermen from all over the world, met extraordinary people, lost a fiancee, seen some wonderful places and now count dozens of people among my friends. Ít is often said....but it really doesn´t get any better than this.

More info on Jurassic Lake here (The preferred link) http://www.loopadventures.com/website2/sd_.../26/1/index.php

Anyway, thanks again and I´ll set aside the necessary time to spend in the Calgary area. Till then, good luck and fish on!

Buena suerte (good luck),

Dan

All,

I forgot to mention that everyone is invited to e-mail me with any questions regarding fishing destinations that I´ve visited along the way. There is a lot of stuff that I can´t put on the website updates for various reasons.......but suffice it to say that I´ve managed to fish just about all the places with the ¨do-it-yourself¨ methodolgy.

If this trip has proven anything enlightening, it is that just about anyone can show up somewhere and get access to fishing that would normally cost a few thousand clams. A person just has to be somewhat patient, optomistic and opportunistic. Oh.....and throw caution to the wind.

Thanks again for all the invitations to fish. I´ll be in touch with everyone as the time nears. In the meantime, I check e-mail pretty frequently so feel free to drop me a note.

Fish on,

Dan