Fly Fusion Forums

Boots

bloom

lol. i have a pair of 13$ hiking boots from walmart. with 7$ felts on them. Lasted all summer and still look brand new. I want some Korkers though, they are on my Christmas list. that's Christmas not X-mas or holidays B)

I'm suprised nobody mentioned the Chota STL's.

You can add or remove studds for different areas/times (a couple of studds in the toe add good traction, without going overboard), great ankle support, Mine lasted 5 seasons (+100 days rec and work/season), boat work, walking alot of sharp bed rock, and many many miles. The laces were replaced after a season and the felts after 2.

Just bought my second pair last winter... still look great.

Only 2 downsides to felts...1. they wear out with alot of dry walking (so does the soft stealth rubber, though)

2. Bad for carrying nasties if you travel... Wash in good hot water, dry completely, and freeze if you can.

Prevent the spread of Dydimo to the south, and Mud snails and whirling disease up to Alberta!!!

Clean your gear.

jumpin on a little late but..i got a pair of simms l2's i believe..junst under 100 bucks...freakin awsome....cheap, durblew as helll with all teh bully hunting and whatnot they still havnt had much more than a few scuffs since last summer when i picked them up....they got killer ankle support too and dont have any seems and fancy stuff too get ripped and torn off like the last 3 pairs i tore through i 2 years...they dotn shrink..have drain holes..dont get all stiff and whatnot if there super dry....freakin love em and wont go back till tehre done...wich may be a few more seasons :rolleyes: .....i stuck 2 sheet metal screws in the toes and heels of my boots for a little more traction up and down hills...

korkers ahve came a long way and talking too a few of my buddies who own and abused them thisyear they seem too be really durable..they do need maintnance tho..simple stuff liek cleaning out the tracks that the soles slide into and such...usualy the number one problem when someone loses a sole....crud jammed up in there before you slid in the new soles.....

hope that helps ya tim

I also have the Chota SLT's. I like them and after two years the still look new but the one problem I have now is that they have torn where the laces go through. I'm not sure what to do now, I'm thinking of punching holes through the leather and using normal laces. :huh: I've got a few months to figure it out I guess.

I also have the Chota SLT's. I like them and after two years the still look new but the one problem I have now is that they have torn where the laces go through. I'm not sure what to do now, I'm thinking of punching holes through the leather and using normal laces. :huh: I've got a few months to figure it out I guess.

The nylon part is ripping out, or the leather itself is torn (or the nylon shock-cord laces)??

I use just normal laces with my boots and it's just fine.

If you need a new hole for the laces, make sure to put a grommet in the leather to protect it.

Cheers,

The nylon part is ripping out, or the leather itself is torn (or the nylon shock-cord laces)??

I use just normal laces with my boots and it's just fine.

If you need a new hole for the laces, make sure to put a grommet in the leather to protect it.

Cheers,

The nylon part has and is ripping on the upper sections, but the shock-cord laces are still fine. The leather is still good too. I'm guessing that leaving them on the back deck to dry out may have been the problem, with the UV rays weakening the nylon.

Thanks for tip about the grommet, I didn't think of that.