Fly Fusion Forums

Flames Game 2 Nights Ago!

BigFoamy

This is a picture of my son and me. He was in the Timbits game between the 1st and 2nd period at the Flames Nucks game on thursday. He scored and a goal and got the post game interview lol! Thats him on the bench and I'm the ice leaning against the boards :) what a night that was. He only said one word during the interview lol "one" when the guy asked him how many goals he scored, after that he just looked at himself on the jumbotron, we're all looking up at it!

IMG_1055_zps16bdfdbb.jpg

• Like 5

Cool man, who'd you play for and how old are you? I didn't make it to AAA but all my buddies did. My nephews both played Buffs, now the 16 year old is playing for the Okotoks Oilers in the AJHL. Ive got a kid in Atom and another in PeeWee as well so starting timbits again this season is a little crazy. I was already one of the older dads on the team!!!

New a couple guys that played with them back in the day. A friend of ours Chris Mantyka, was one of the guys killed in the bus crash along time ago. Isn't that where Graham James coached? Another buddy of mine played for him in MJ back when...

I just played some exhibition Games with Spokane and Saskatoon. afterwards they said I was to Small.... Was back in the day (as yas Know) they wanted everybody Eric Lindros Size, Even though at that time I was 5'8'' and 200 lbs of lean, mean working out machine... Not so much anymore, Hahahaha... I believe it was back in 1991.....

Cheers... Jeff..

Cool man, who'd you play for and how old are you? I didn't make it to AAA but all my buddies did. My nephews both played Buffs, now the 16 year old is playing for the Okotoks Oilers in the AJHL. Ive got a kid in Atom and another in PeeWee as well so starting timbits again this season is a little crazy. I was already one of the older dads on the team!!!

That's an awesome experience for your son! That's pretty cool! We have a friends son that plays for Okotoks as well. Always like going to the games, good hockey and a heck of a lot cheaper them a flames game

That's an awesome experience for your son! That's pretty cool! We have a friends son that plays for Okotoks as well. Always like going to the games, good hockey and a heck of a lot cheaper them a flames game

Really man. what number is he? My Nephews #25, he's only 16 but the kid can play!! They played last night and won 3-0, he texted me yesterday afternoon saying was going to fight in the 3rd period lol!! Never happened thank god.

Excellent for you guys

thanks man, it was an absolute blast for him…and me lol. Evaluations are over and everyone is on a team, its on!!! Atom 1 has their first game this weekend woot woot!!!!

Really man. what number is he? My Nephews #25, he's only 16 but the kid can play!! They played last night and won 3-0, he texted me yesterday afternoon saying was going to fight in the 3rd period lol!! Never happened thank god.

That's funny he was #25 last year. He changed it this year to #10 I believe. I haven't been able to make it to a game yet this year but I think thats what he said he was wearing this year. He is the captain. That's pretty impressive if your nephew is 16 and playing on the team. He must be pretty good. That's awesome. I'll keep an eye out for him next game I go to. We were thinking of going on Saturday but we have a 7 month old and think it might be too loud for him so we are trying to find ear muffs small enough for him haha. He all ready has an Okotoks jersey so he's ready to go haha. Good luck with your son's season. Hope it goes well

Yup 10s their fearless leader. I know his uncle, him and I where coaches on our sons team last year and the boys play together this year. Do you know who Im Talking about? initials D S :)

Ive been to 7 games this season. It was a slow start but they just won 3 straight to bring it back to 500. When you double you're opponent in shots you shouldn't lose but, thats exactly what happened in all losses but 1. The goalie trade was necessary and paid off instantly (3 straight wins)

Cheap! Okotoks charges 15$ and 5$ for kids! Its the only AJHL arena I've been to where they charge for kids. These teams need the money so I really don't mind and this is really good hockey. Okotoks has a great rink and tons of fans, its fun to go to their games.

Anyone who wants to watch good, fast, aggressive hockey? We have 3 AJHL teams in our city, well 2 and Okotoks which is easier to get to than FDB. Calgary Mustangs, Calgary Canucks and the Okotoks Oilers. Clearly the Oilers are the best...

Aah man bring the baby!! Ive got two kids that have getting drug from rink to rink since they where a day old. Flames games, siblings, cousins!! Turn the vacuum on to put our kid to sleep, babys love the noise! Probably sleep the whole game.

I'm not sure that I know the uncle you know. I don't know many of his aunts and uncles. I know his parents and both sets of grandparents and that's about it.

I haven't followed the players super close this year but we were listening to the home opener on the radio on our way out of town. I was surprised to hear the name of a different goalie then who was playing last year. When I got home I checked the roster and he was listed as a reserve. I was a bit confused by that, he was awesome the last couple years. Good to hear they have the goalie situation sorted out though. It's pretty frustrating and mentally tiring to out play teams all the time and still lose.

I didn't realize they charged for kids. I'll find out soon enough haha. I just figured for the flames by the time you're stuck in traffic and pay $15 or however much it is for parking now on top of the ticket price it makes it pretty pricey for one night. I've never bought a flames ticket, just had them given to me but the ones I've had we're in the $80-$100 range. I don't even spend that much on a fly line haha. I really do like the Okotoks games though. It's a nice small town family atmosphere that I really enjoy.

I had forgotten about some things I have going on tonight so it looks like I won't be able to make it to the game unfortunately. I'm not so worried about my little guy with the noise other than his hearing. My ears are a bit sensitive I actually wear ear plugs to things like that so I'm a bit worried about how his will be as he gets older. We'll see though, I'm excited to take him to his first game. Although he's been to fair amount before he was born haha