Fly Fusion Forums

Cabo San Lucas

Dank

Hey guys,

I'm taking a trip down to Cabo the week before Christmas for some deep sea yellowtail fishing. Never been down there before and I'm considering taking a fly rod, have any of you ever fly fished down there? If so, what can I expect?

Dan,

I can't imagine there will not be inshore fly opportunities in Cabo. Just looked at a surf cam and the beachfront looks easily fishable. Get some big clousers and deceivers and have at 'er. Talk to some of the flyshops (maybe even those guys downtown), I'm sure they have some info.

I'm completely jealous.

http://www.allaboutcabo.com/cabocam.htm

You can have flyfishing opportunities for Dorado, Sailfish, and Rooster fish down there. You can find some Rooster fish tailing from the shore, fishtales has a intense 15 minute DVD of some guys fishing for the Rooster fish. The remainder can be caught from the boat.

Cool, thanks for all the replies! Rick, don't be jealous, this is my first real vacation in a few years and I'm only going for 2 1/2 days! Rooster Fish look pretty interesting, just might have to pack that fly rod with me.... Pics to follow next month, hopefully with a few fish, otherwise it will be me passed out with a bottle of tequila!