Fly Fusion Forums

Is There Cell Coverage Around Dutch Creek?

Luckily you will have very good coverage if you get into the gap. The forestry station north of the the Gap has cell towers mounted on the mountain peaks in that area for communications to help fight forest fires. Bring binocs and have a look around- you will see them. Due to the fire bans smoke signals that Alberta trout usually uses are a big no-no...

If you spend a lot of time in the bush and really need cell coverage look into getting a signal booster for your truck. Any of the communications shop sell them, mostly used in oilfield, forestry, etc. they work well, I can get service (albeit 1, maybe 2 bars) along that section of the trunk road in most areas.

If you spend a lot of time in the bush and really need cell coverage look into getting a signal booster for your truck. Any of the communications shop sell them, mostly used in oilfield, forestry, etc. they work well, I can get service (albeit 1, maybe 2 bars) along that section of the trunk road in most areas.

This^^

Cell boosters are well worth the $$($150ish?) if you work or otherwise spend a significant amount of time in the boonies.....only downside is I can no longer tell the wife "I had no reception" as an excuse,haha.

• Like 2

I'm at Dutch all the time (seasonal site) and the coverage is sporadic if at all (Telus)....I have seen people talking on their cells at the ranger station and there are a few warm spots if you move around.

Will you be at Dutch next week, Monday to Wednesday? I plan on camping there those days and fishing the OM and Livingston as much as I can. Maybe fish a run together as I'll be solo?

I'm at Dutch all the time (seasonal site) and the coverage is sporadic if at all (Telus)....I have seen people talking on their cells at the ranger station and there are a few warm spots if you move around.

Camped solo in dutch this past monday to thursday morning, I'm with Telus and had sporadic coverage like you said. Would have stopped in if I would have known, fishing was good