Fly Fusion Forums

Introduction

Hey All,

I have been fishing pretty much since I was 4. My earliest recollection is being with my Dad in an aluminum boat, salmon fishing near Comox, B.C. Got into flyfishing about 12 years ago with my best buddy. I figured it would be a great hobby to learn and has become part of my retirement plan. Currently I'm using a 5 wt. Sage/Ross Reel setup and a 7 wt. Orvis/TFO Reel setup, depending where I'm going. I enjoy stillwater and small creek flyfishing (Jumpingpound Creek is a favorite). Even if I get skunked, the scenery around me more than makes up for it. I have never had any real success on the Bow, but I am persistent. I am learning about entomology and which flies to use to match hatches.

I read quite a bit and I'm learning to tie flies. The internet is an incredible source for fly tying videos. I've been doing that for only a few years and have tied maybe 6 or 7 dozen. Just started using the 2 fly dropper system this year with a leech pattern on top and a chronomid pattern on the bottom. It's worked quite well so far. Nothing more exhilarating than catching Trout on a fly you've tied.

I joined the group at the beginning of the week and have been slowly reading through the various topics, already finding the answers to many questions I had. This site is an incredible resource for the beginner right through to the advanced. And everything in between.

Tight lines :D

K

• Like 2

Welcome!

Don't get discouraged with the Bow, its not an easy river. It all makes up for it when you finally have a good night on it! I have been skunked on around 60-70% of my outings this year on the bow (only my second year fly fishing), but those couple times I hooked into fish, boy was it worth it all in the end.

Welcome! If ya ever get an itch to come south of Calgary (or you get the good old bow river blues) I can lead ya in the right direction to some good fishing. If you can learn how to catch fish on the Bow it will make you deadly in *most* other locations. As always, the more time spent on your "home" stream the better you get to know it's secrets :)