Fly Fusion Forums

"cutty Hut".....2014

• 3 weeks later...

The "Cutty Hut II" will be rolling into Dutch Creek Provincial Recreation Area on Sunday, May 18th. I have upgraded to a "new" 22' 5th wheel. Alberta Parks are allowing seasonal camping there this year. They have set aside 15 sites. I was designated Site #8. It ain't cheap as they are charging $11/day upfront!!

I haven't seen my site yet and won't until I get there. I've looked at Google Earth and it seems pretty good. I hope it is a nice one. I'm also looking forward to my luxurious new RV!!

I plan on being there most Sunday to Wednesdays until Thanksgiving.

I hope some of you can drop by!!

Is that discounted at all Al? Or are you paying the same fee as a daily camper would pay?

Seems if a guy is willing to pay up front for about 4 months that, he should get some kind of discount rate. Especially considering most of the sites sit empty more often than not in non peak times.

• 2 weeks later...

The "Cutty Hut II" is now sitting at Site #8 at Dutch Creek!! It's pretty luxurious compared to the original. I actually laid on the couch last week and listened to the hockey game on the stereo!! I'll be there every week (except for this upcoming May 25-28). My new site seems pretty secluded with no neighbours on 3 of the 4 sides and the one neighbour will probably be gone when I get there on Sundays.

From the looks of the rivers, it may be awhile after opening day before I'll be fishing but I have been wrong before, In the meantime I will be practicing BBQ on my Weber kettle for hours of entertainment while I'm there. I'm still learning so hopefully this time not fishing will not be wasted.

Any body have some rib smoking advice/recipes? I'm getting better but still have a ways to go!!

For ribs on the smoker I use the 3-2-1 method and apply regular yellow mustard on them before my rub goes on.

3 hrs smoke.

2 hrs wrap in tinfoil, pour a splash of apple juice in.

1 hr back on the smoker by themselves.

Try to keep the temp around 220-230

You have a charcoal smoker? Havent ever used one but that would be nice, we bring a propane smoker with us.

Be careful not to have to many singlemalts while smoking or you dont remeber how good they tasted!

The hound dogs and I may have to come down for a weekend.

• Like 1

I have a Weber 22" kettle grill.....It's very versatile and not smoking specific. Tons of fun!! Thanks for the advice. Keeping the temperature at 220 is a challenge with charcoal but I've done it.