Fly Fusion Forums

Costs Of Building

Tungsten

I asked a similar question on another forum,

I'm about to start building another boat and I'm not quite sure which route to take.As this is a hobby of mine and can get a little exspencive so I have to sell what I build in order to recoupe the costs so I can build again.Good thing I don't have a lot of storage or I could end up broke with a garage full of boats.

So my question,do I follow the road from my last build a 2 man river/lake boat that rows nice and is light enough to put in or take out without a launch.Costs using high teck foam infused with glass and epoxy can add up quick approx.$2000.

After a season of use how much of my build cost do you think I will be able to recover?Is there much of a market for a boat like this?

A pic.

boat038.jpg

IMHO, Based on seeing the time and effort you put in, not to mention the great quality, ask $4000. and take $3000..Maybe with a cheap anchor system. I have seen other new home builds for $3000 and $4000. There goes your bartering power for an FFC member. Just a little input. LOL Nice boat.

Thanks guys,ya a removable knee lock will be added.Sitting and fishing works and is quite comfortable but you cant see the snags and drop offs.

Another question, the boat above has plywood sides.This brings the cost down quite a bit +-$500.Boat will be a little heavier and maybe a little more up keep pending on finish(varnish/paint).Would this be a better option?With a lower price?