Fly Fusion Forums

Colors For Sex Dungeons

Chadillac

For the bow...

Black over purple, Yellow, White, Orange/brown. Oddly enough, never had much luck with olive.

Sex dungeons are too small for bull trout.

For the bow...

Black over purple, Yellow, White, Orange/brown. Oddly enough, never had much luck with olive.

Sex dungeons are too small for bull trout.

ive caught many a bull trout on double bunnys and buggers smaller then sex dungeons but thank you for your bow colors,

I really appreciate the feedback! i know there is a couple styles of sex dungeon ties, ive seen rabbit over hackle and just hackle(galloup style). Jayhad, when you say yellow/olive is this reffering to a rabbit/hackle tie or is it a head/body color. which style do you prefer to tie? any further clarification would be appreciated.

Chad,

straight up I think bunny sucks on dungeons and ruins the way Kelly Galloup designed them to move.... BUT bunny does have it's benefit of getting down. Bunny also makes yanking that fly out of the water 1000 times in a day tough, it feels heavy. If you google the recipe the first youtube video that comes up is tied with bunny :$*%&:

When I tie with two colours yellow over olive. i will tie in an olive marabou tail wrap the body yellow chenille and then wrap with olive schlappen. The head will be olive.

I also really like fishing burnt orange/yellow/brown. it has an awesome brown trout look to it. For this one i will tie in an burnt orange and brown marabou tail wrap the body yellow chenille and then wrap with burnt orange/yellow/brown schlappen. I stack the 3 schlappens and wrap together. The head will be mixed.

Ive tied three of these flies this week, all three of them look good until i get to the deer hair :( I managed to get it on the hook but just dont get the sculpin look when trimming. Whats buggin me is that I put a lot into the fly and then &%$# it up with the last step!

Ive tied three of these flies this week, all three of them look good until i get to the deer hair :( I managed to get it on the hook but just dont get the sculpin look when trimming. Whats buggin me is that I put a lot into the fly and then &%$# it up with the last step!

when I tie dungeons I tie them in a production line style.. i tie tonnes of rear halfs, then join them all, then heads. This way I practice each section uninterrupted, when I get to deer hair heads i find the heads become the most consistent , but the first two always suck.

• Like 1

when I tie dungeons I tie them in a production line style.. i tie tonnes of rear halfs, then join them all, then heads. This way I practice each section uninterrupted, when I get to deer hair heads i find the heads become the most consistent , but the first two always suck.

thats a great idea, will get a few on the go.