Fly Fusion Forums

Was Out Looking For Waders Last Night.

BigFoamy

Went and tried on some waders last night. Hit up CP and tried some of those Orvis waders and some patagonias. The Pats felt better but I dont think i can get used to not having a pocket in the front of my waders, for me, while out fishing, everything goes in there. Kevin, your a great help, thank you, great customer service man!! Checked out another store (that i wont mention) and was fondly reminded why I NEVER GO THERE.............EVER!!! :) stood in the fly fishing section for no less than 20 minutes without one staff member showing there face until one customer stood there and started yelling (hello, is anyone working here?) finally one guy came slowly walking in and gave the guy attitude because...well.....he was in the bathroom and we as customers should all know that before hand regardless. The worker actually gave the guy attitude, dont worry guys working, he only wanted a salt water reel and line. This un mentioned store imo is a joke!!! I dont need anymore reminders, that will be it and sorry Reddington, I wasnt able to buy your waders because there was no one there to sell me any or let me try some on!!!!! you were there, hanging on the rack, I could see you, just couldnt get any help. I wouldve just taken you home but the guy at the front door with the rubber glove was eye balling me from a distance!!!!

i don't understand why you wouldn't name a store where a bad experience occurred. do everyone a favor and tell us where not to waste our time. I for one will be the first to report a bad experience, its empowering as a consumer and can only lead to better service in the future. I want to know who to support and who has not earned it.

Are you new? Around here its always the customers fault :) the guy working at that store is someone on this websites buddy, Im sure of it, Ive seen this one play out before. Anyways he was just a tool, I left because of the way he spoke to another customer. Ive been to that store before, I would never put an employee out by asking them a question or to see a product. Tried buying a belly boat there and the guy said " if your not going to buy it Im not getting it down for you" i tried to explain that I wanted to see it first and he never did get it down and or sell me that belly boat. Im an idiot for going back there and got what i deserved for doing so. Im not name dropping unless its good, just stick to the small shops (fish tales) were people still seem to give a crap. There are very few shops in town, trust me dude, youve been to this store and prolly wandered around wondering if anyone works there as well lol!!!!!

Im not new here mon frere (thats french for brother) i would name names. Ive had mixed experiences at Wholesale myself, most of the time I dont care to even talk to the staff because I go in there knowing what material im looking for. I owned a retail/service store for 8 years and loved nothing more then to hear about all experiences good and bad to improve my business. I never directly addressed specific events but made sure to make a note of discussing good practices to avoid situations that I had had relayed to me.

Im not new here mon frere (thats french for brother) i would name names. Ive had mixed experiences at Wholesale myself, most of the time I dont care to even talk to the staff because I go in there knowing what material im looking for. I owned a retail/service store for 8 years and loved nothing more then to hear about all experiences good and bad to improve my business. I never directly addressed specific events but made sure to make a note of discussing good practices to avoid situations that I had had relayed to me.

Was just kidding on the "are you new" comment :) anyways its all good, every now and then I need a friendly reminder.

There are a few good people who work there but unfortunately, the majority would rather look busy stocking shelves than actually knowing their department and helping folks out with a positive attitude. Good candidate for an Undercover Boss episode ! Ten people in line and one cashier who also does returns, go figure. Unless one is buying a rifle or spinning gear I'm not sure why fly fishermen would not be going to a fly shop to buy their stuff. Kinda like going to Walmart for a home theater set-up. If they think they save money at the big box stores they obviously are fooled and don't really check the prices.

At least WSS is better than the big box North of the city. That one really is a waste of time and gas money.

I go to ALL of the stores. I do so, knowing that the service at some of the above names stores can be suspect. I choose NOT to discuss my needs with any of the store employees UNLESS they ask if they can help me. Otherwise, I take it for what it's worth and move on to where my shopping is appreciated. It does give me a chance to see what these stores are offerring, but it doesn't warrant me buying something there, unless I am treated as a customer. Otherwise i usually end up buying my stuff at Fish Tales as they have always been a pleasure to deal with.

My .02 cents worth.

Was just kidding on the "are you new" comment :) anyways its all good, every now and then I need a friendly reminder.

i know foamy:) I was being sarcastic, it can be lost sometime in text. Fish Tales for the win, although i have had nothing but good experiences the few times I have been to Iron Bow

i know foamy:) I was being sarcastic, it can be lost sometime in text. Fish Tales for the win, although i have had nothing but good experiences the few times I have been to Iron Bow

Man, Ive never even heard of Iron Bow. I see silverdoctor posted some pics of the store in another thread. Looks nice.