Fly Fusion Forums

For Those Who Thought It Couldnt Get Worse.......

yak

I thought the boys on the bus were horrible last year. This years edition of the edmonton oilers will set new all time lows for mismanagement and performance. Everything Lowe and Mctavish touch turns to crap. Penner has gone from a decent power forward to a 5 million dollar pylon and the rest of the "young guns" look woefully outclassed every time out. Thank god the ownership continues to have blind faith in this bunch of misfits. Hopefully they will bring another exoiler out of retirement to "help out"( heard rumors that Dave Semenko will be the new power play coach). Will make for an entertaining year following the train wrecks surrounding this team. Not to late to dye that copper and orange red.

I don't follow hockey much, but the guys in the Centre watch it pretty much whenever we are on night shift. Most of them are die-hard Oilers fans with a couple of Calgary fans mixed in. Even I am feeling bad for them this year. One can only hope they improve so the sound of subdued sobbing does not haunt our office at night. :(

I thought the boys on the bus were horrible last year. This years edition of the edmonton oilers will set new all time lows for mismanagement and performance. Everything Lowe and Mctavish touch turns to crap. Penner has gone from a decent power forward to a 5 million dollar pylon and the rest of the "young guns" look woefully outclassed every time out. Thank god the ownership continues to have blind faith in this bunch of misfits. Hopefully they will bring another exoiler out of retirement to "help out"( heard rumors that Dave Semenko will be the new power play coach). Will make for an entertaining year following the train wrecks surrounding this team. Not to late to dye that copper and orange red.

I think alot of people forget who Penner was playing with last year. He doesn't have the same talent around him right now but he'll be okay in the long run.

think penner is an average player surrounded by average talent. think lowe is a wingnut for paying him like hes top 20 in the league.so far now he has overpaid horcoff,lupul, pisani and now penner. the oil have a whole bunch of 3-4 million dollar muckers. with KLOWE and MACT at the helm this gong show will be the most entertaining collection of misfits west of toronto. surprised there arent more blu and copper fanatics defending this sad sack hockey team. the only thing more fun than watching the flames win is watching the oilers stumble around

Guest bigbadbrent
I think alot of people forget who Penner was playing with last year. He doesn't have the same talent around him right now but he'll be okay in the long run.

i dont agree, he's stuck on edmonton for a while anyway, and i dont see them getting anyone good for a while..

Only way they do well is bomb for 2 years and get tavares when he gets drafted

I disagree about the young guys; Gagner and Cogliano are looking really good. Brodziak is playing well, as is Gilbert. Pitkanen is great and I hope they can lock him up for a couple seasons.

It's the veterans like Stoll, Hemsky, Horcoff, Torres, Staios - who need a kick in the ass. Stoll looks like he hasn't fully recovered from that concussion. Torres needs to develop consistency . I think Hemmer is confused about what his role on the team should be. Staios is just slow. Horcoff is mediocre, as usual. He is not a 1st line center and never will be. They need to send Stortini back to the minors and get a real enforcer. He should be ashamed of himself after getting his ass kicked by old man Nolan. I can't wait till Moreau gets back and lights a fire under these guys.

Penner is definitely overpaid. It was a desperate effort by Lowe that might end up hurting them, or he will hit his stride and develop into one of the league's top power forwards. He looked lost and emotionless on Saturday. I really hope he can get on top of his game soon.

They need some legitimate goal scorers. Saturday's game would have been a lot closer if they had players who can bury their chances - the flames have those players with Iginla, Huselius, Langkow - and it showed on Saturday. The Oilers have playmakers, grinders, solid goaltending, and defensive depth but no goal scorers.

Esleech, when the scoring chances were tallied at around halfway through the third period they stood at 16-15 flames. There is a difference between shots on goal and scoring chance; a scoring chance doesn't necessarily mean that the puck made it to the net (i.e. Hemsky's breakaway was a scoring opportunity despite not hitting the net).

Esleech, when the scoring chances were tallied at around halfway through the third period they stood at 16-15 flames. There is a difference between shots on goal and scoring chance; a scoring chance doesn't necessarily mean that the puck made it to the net (i.e. Hemsky's breakaway was a scoring opportunity despite not hitting the net).

Really? I would have never guessed seeing as I've been to over 60 home games in the last 4 years. <_< I think half the oilers scoring "chances" were about as good as RickR's two mile an hour wrist shots. But, I should shut up, cause the Flames got it up the pooper tonight :(