Fly Fusion Forums

El Toro

Glenbow

Birchy,

That's a 5wt rod. And Weedy, that's a corkie with some Loon Bio-Strike around it to keep it from sinking. But I like the helium-filled crab apple story better.

Hawg, you ever fish the Moyie anywhere between Moyie & the border? It looks so nice (& isn't classified) I wonder how it fishes. I get out that way a fair bit & haven't fished it yet. Same with the Goat near Creston.

Oh Rickr,

He has lots of relatives in that lake. Rainbow cousins too. I have a few 26+ rainbows from there, and they get much bigger than that in there. I believe GGP taped at 33" there last year. Unreal. Have fun!

Guest bigbadbrent
Birchy,

That's a 5wt rod. And Weedy, that's a corkie with some Loon Bio-Strike around it to keep it from sinking. But I like the helium-filled crab apple story better.

Hawg, you ever fish the Moyie anywhere between Moyie & the border? It looks so nice (& isn't classified) I wonder how it fishes. I get out that way a fair bit & haven't fished it yet. Same with the Goat near Creston.

I fished the moyie once or twice, but not very hard. I hear you can get pretty big rainbows, and the odd kokanee

i was born in trail, and man do i miss Yahk burgers

You fish the Upper or Lower more GlenBow for the Rainbows?

I've had better luck for Rainbows in the Upper myself.

I personally prefer fishing for the Rainbows in the K Lakes and am determined to get into one of the +30 inchers. I've had a few fights with what I think are that size and lost them, but my biggest to date is 28.5" out of the Upper and 27" Lower.

Maybe tomorrow's my day, (or Rick's).