Fly Fusion Forums

Boat Launches / Put In Take Outs

Folks,

Was down last weekend to Johnsons Landing (now an island), and also checked out the boat launch at Carseland Bridge (which would be extermely difficult to launch). I have heard and seen reports of Police being wiped out as well as Mackinnons. My questions are: is there any place to launch a boat below Fish Creek Park? Is there any future plans that anyone knows of to rebuild these boat launches and take outs?

Any information is muchly appreciated!

Cgy

Thanks BCube, guess i was wrong about the launches but I do know that Johnsons is closed as last weekend it was closed at the top of the road and there were about four or five semis with trailers parked on the hill. Looking down the hill, i could see the river running through at the bottom of the hill effectively isolating Johnsons from access. Hopefully the trucks were working on this aea so we can get our put in or take out back. Thanks, cheers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

InvermereAngler,

If you had taken a little time to look, that dumbass didn't have much choice. A weld on the swing neck of his trailer broke. He removed it and had it rewelded and fixed within a few hrs. Lucky it didn't happen on the highway!

Could happen to anyone.

And, "middle of the boat launch". You must be a poor driver because there was plenty of room to get around him.

Who is the dumbass now!

• Like 1

InvermereAngler,

If you had taken a little time to look, that dumbass didn't have much choice. A weld on the swing neck of his trailer broke. He removed it and had it rewelded and fixed within a few hrs. Lucky it didn't happen on the highway!

Could happen to anyone.

And, "middle of the boat launch". You must be a poor driver because there was plenty of room to get around him.

Who is the dumbass now!

Yep, it was pretty clear from a quick look that his trailer was broken, and it's location did not seem to be an issue at all when I was there.