Fly Fusion Forums

Ribtor Sale

SteveM

My neighbor just informed me that Ribtor's having a "Going out of business sale". Not sure what they have for fishing gear, but, it's 60% off.

Lots of good deal's on camping gear, etc., as well. Might be worth checking out?

They're done. Last day is Nov 31. FFing stuff is getting lean, mostly flies left & some tying gear & entry-level rods etc. I think it's more 30-40% off. Anyhow, go & buy stuff while it's cheap & still there. Then you can tell your kids that you shopped at Ribtor when it's all over.

That reminds me of a story. Back in about 1990, the building where I worked had a parkade attached where I locked up my bike. The oil industry was in the doldrums and, even though the parkade didn't even have a door, it was mainly empty. Pretty well every afternoon there would be a scantily dressed "attendant" standing by the exit. Several times co-workers went to their cars to find an adjacent vehicle being used for business purposes. It must have been a slow day because one afternoon when I rode out the exit, the lady on duty asked if I wanted some company. I was more than a bit surprised. "And how is this supposed to work?" I asked, glancing at my bike. "We can figure something out." she said. That scared this country boy and I hit the road.

The retail store is closing, and they are moving all the excess to their warehouses. Which would mean they would not be restocking because you will not be able to find anything in those warehouses though, if you can call them that. More like heaped crap. Hopefully they are able to sell everything or else it will just be lost in the blackness. :lol:

That is very true, once the remaining stuff goes into the catacombs called the Ribtor Warehouse it will be lost forever unless it is goods from the Hardware department.

I will miss going into Ribtor, I had worked there for 4 years back in the mid 90's. It was a fun place to work with a lot of neat interesting things up on the third and fourth floor until inventory time. Spent many cold winter days with a woods parka on with a coleman propane heater by my side.

Good luck to Joel Lipkind and his family on their future endevours.....