Fly Fusion Forums

Leaving Gear In Truck

I'm taking some Spey lessons May long weekend at Fish Creek. Probably going to fish Crowsnest area and the Bow the week before, so we will have a truck full of fishing gear in the cab. Any problems with break-ins at Fish Creek or is it reasonably safe?

Thanks for any help,

Mike

I personally haven't experienced anything, but that's not to say it can't (and doesn't) happen! If you can, take everything of value with you down to the water. With a Spey class you won't be moving beyond where the actual lesson will be taking place... Just my two cents!

I think it isn't a very good idea to post this thread here. Are you aware that anyone can read this section without being logged in? Which means anyone that stumbles across this site can see it. This is just an invitation to have something happen. You have given potential thieves a when and where to make a score.

Thanks for the warning. I thought about that, but I figgered on a Long Weekend, the parking lot is going to be full so I'm not going to stand out.. But I guess you never know..

Mike

I think it isn't a very good idea to post this thread here. Are you aware that anyone can read this section without being logged in? Which means anyone that stumbles across this site can see it. This is just an invitation to have something happen. You have given potential thieves a when and where to make a score.

Be careful down on the Crowsnest and down in that area. I had someone take my stinking canoe and clean out my drift-boat down there 2 years ago. Had a few other things go missing since when i neglected to lock my toolbox. It used to be a safe area but theft of fishing gear is becoming very common. You mentioned you may be down that way so just wanted to give you a heads up to keep gear out of site, especially around the long weekends when the "hoodlums" flood the area.

really? you think that the lowlife scum who break into vehicles for the drug money or opportunity are on the web?? If they have that kind of initiative, they are into B&E's.

Not saying that you shouldn't be careful parking, just that posting that question here is not in any way bad judgement

Guest Grinr

Not saying that you shouldn't be careful parking, just that posting that question here is not in any way bad judgement

That's right,because all 3800 FFC members are model citizens. :rolleyes:

....and pkk is already trying to find your truck^^^

I know where it'll be but I ain't sayin. ;)