Fly Fusion Forums

Right Or Left Brained?

Weedy1

umm, what happens when you can see both?

that was very trippy. no mind altering substances used. when i first looked at her she was going clock wise. then she was going counter clockwise. now i can make her change at will.

even more odd was my room mate was looking at her at the same time and could only see her going clockwise whilst i was watching her go counter clockwise.

i have shivers... eire

In case there was any doubt in my head that I wasn't a bit of a 'misfit' in my family; see my response to the spinning lady above, and read both my brother's and my father's response that they sent me via e-mail!

Brother (younger I should add!):

next question: what direction would the lady appear to be spinning if your corpus callosum (connection between halves of brain) were severed? what if viewing spinner in left visual field only (info only getting to right brain), right visual field only (info only going to left brain)?

What?

Father

Hey Bud: Very interesting. Some of their generalizations have recently been shown as wrong, however.

If you are interested, you should read "Theatre of the Mind" followed by "The Wisdom Paradox". For an opposing view (partially) try "The Making of Intelligence". . . . . . . you gotta do something on those long winter evenings!!!!

Thanks dad - I think I'll tie flies instead!

Don't get me wrong, we're a closer family than any other I know - just have different hobbies :)

Glenbow - found the feet, thanks bud!

you aren't missing anything. my room mate couldn't make himself see her going the other way either.

i'm a little messed up.

i wonder if i can make her do the splits?

hawkeye - interesting response. got me thinking. i tried covering up one eye then the other. she didn't change directions. not until i concentrated, then she went the other way.

EDIT: nope, no splits

Okay Weddy1,

I went, I saw, I returned...

and I saw both - but I do not know how I did it!

so tell us, how do we do it? How can we see it go both ways?

what's the trick? :blink:

maybe it is the ability to use both sides of your brain equally.

or jack of all trades, master of nothing. mediocer at everything on the list