Fly Fusion Forums

New Reel

So I got a sweet reel off this site. Thanks for that! It is setup for left handed retrieval I figured out how to change the bearings on it but I have to strip the line and then whined it the opposite way. I called bass pro cause fish tales was closed and they will put new line on for free I wonder will they strip it and put it on the opposite way.

This now means all I need is waders and luck so I hook a big one

There are plenty of shops in the city that should get your attendance before Bass Pro, and will switch a line without you having to buy a new one, including the ones that support this site (which Bass Pro does not)

Support local, not the Walmart of the Fishin world.

I know it was just every I called was closed. I'm planing on going to fish tales tomorrow. It was just I wanted to know f places did this service. I feel like a jerk taking a reel and line I did t buy at this shop and asking them to do the work. But I am going to go to fish tales cause I have heard nothing but great things

Could easily do this yourself by winding the backing onto something like a piece of cardboard then wind it back up in the direction you need (may want to have someone add a little bit of tension while winding).

The fence and schoolyard lad mentioned is a great Idea, I use our local ball diamond myself - perfect time to check and re-tie knots, and allows you to carefully inspect and clean your line, not to mention work out any twists that might be on there. Its a great idea to learn and use your knots at home, instead of trying to figure it out in the middle of a fishing day in the middle of nowhere !