Fly Fusion Forums

Pontooners

Hey are there many people who float down the bow in pontoons? i have floated a couple times with a rental but i just purchased my own Dave Scadden recently and wanted to know if there are any sites or groups that do floats together. floating with other people is much funner!

If you got a pontoon and do float the bow and are looking for people to possibly split the shuttle cost please post on here or pm me

Why not just move the topic over to the appropriate section instead of passively aggressively scolding him?

People have posted in the wrong section before and they were simply moved, I am sure a PM about his mistake would have sufficed.

I get that there is a general trend of trying to "clean" up the site, fine, but adhere to your own set of principles.

• Like 2

The OP is asking a question about groups, all my reply to him says they could ask for in the fishing get togethers as an option to finding others to float with. They may be other groups that do this than I'm not aware so In the regard the topic is ok here.

Hey are there many people who float down the bow in pontoons? i have floated a couple times with a rental but i just purchased my own Dave Scadden recently and wanted to know if there are any sites or groups that do floats together. floating with other people is much funner!

If you got a pontoon and do float the bow and are looking for people to possibly split the shuttle cost please post on here or pm me

I've been wanting to do this for the past two years but I've never done it before so it would be nice to have someone with a little experience along. I'm more than happy to split a shuttle to do a drift.

The post is not related to a specific request for get together. It's a general question therefore doesnt belong in "get together" section"....this forum needs to be less hung up with rules or trying to constrain the opinions of contributors, threatening members (yes we hear about the PMs) and more about friends fishing and fun,.,,.get back to the basics and forget the authoritarian posturing....

Guest Grinr

i wood join u fur a float when i get a toon not yet tho but i lake chocolate cake and popcorn but not together and fireball and moosehead fur floating rivers but not chocolate when my am fishn accept snickers sometimes are good.

• 2 weeks later...

Yup. Once the river opens ups will do the Ghost dam to Cochrane "run in less than 12 parsecs".(Star Wars)

DId that stretch on a Scadden Escape a lot last fall. Enjoy it more than further down. Also the Old Man from Hwy 22 bridge on down and planning to do the N. Sask near Rocky this summer.

Enjoy the float.

Oldman from Hwy 22 down has some big water less than a mile down from the bridge, some pretty good drops and definately NOT for the inexperienced. Having fished that area a lot I certainly wouldn't want to try and pontoon it myself. Downstream from that area, though, ain't bad :)

I'll just throw this out there for all the pontooners and boat users(new and old).

Please refrain from inflating, gearing up, setting up fly rods, tying on flies, etc etc in the boat launch. If you must put in at the boat launch, then the very last thing you should do is take the boat down into the water. Pontoons have the ability to be placed on the bank while drift boats cannot, please respect your fellow river users

Make everyone's life easier!

And at the end of the day, don't leave your boat dead center in the launch when you go to get your vehicle. Again, this applies to everyone

• Like 2

I'll just throw this out there for all the pontooners and boat users(new and old).

Please refrain from inflating, gearing up, setting up fly rods, tying on flies, etc etc in the boat launch. If you must put in at the boat launch, then the very last thing you should do is take the boat down into the water. Pontoons have the ability to be placed on the bank while drift boats cannot, please respect your fellow river users

Make everyone's life easier!

And at the end of the day, don't leave your boat dead center in the launch when you go to get your vehicle. Again, this applies to everyone

Excuse me

Are you saying that pontooners are allowed to use the launch?

I have always been giving the impression that all the launches and the river is owned and operated by the ***hat Drift Boat Owner Association.

BCube have you ever tried to launch or take out from a bank at Glenmore ( wading thru concrete chuncks and a garbage ) or Policemans with there 7' 90 degree banks both sides of a launch.

I have yet to incounter a pontooner that would not be willing to move over to allow anyone ready to launch or take out.

I certainly cannot say the same about MOST driftboat owners.

Guest Grinr

Membership in the ADBOA has it's privelages,you should consider joining?

For instance,as a member it is perfectly acceptable to low hole/high hole bank anglers and even drift bobbers thru the very run they are working.I'm pretty sure the Assoc. offers boating safety seminars as well,where they teach that river etiquette is a heavy substance that can sink boats and should be left behind at the launch??

That post was directed at all boat users (especially new ones) on the river as a way to help stop confrontation.

Perhaps you mistook the part about placing the boat on the bank. By this, i mean take the boat down to the launch, and place it out of the way (such as on the bank beside the launch). Drift boats don't have the ability to be put on the bank, but we do have the ability to walk the boat downstream (other then policemens) to get it out of the way.

Use the launch all you want, but inflating your pontoon, getting your oars right, setting up fly rods, etc etc IN the launch is unnecessary (and yes there are the drift boaters that do this too, they're not excused either).

I won't defend most drift boat owners. However, I know that i have my vehicle in and out of the launch and my boat gone in the time it takes me to get my vehicle parked and walk back. I also ensure that my boat is not blocking other access. This cannot be said about all 'encounters' I had last year with pontoon and drift boats. I'd also have a caveat that I also own and use a raft on the Bow, so it's not exactly a one sided view.

BCube have you ever tried to launch or take out from a bank at Glenmore ( wading thru concrete chuncks and a garbage ) or Policemans with there 7' 90 degree banks both sides of a launch.

yes. Glenmore is easily launchable from below the main launch. Policemens is very easy if you launch at the very very west edge of the parking lot. Realistically, 22x would probably be the most difficult to put-in without use of the launch.

That post was directed at all boat users (especially new ones) on the river as a way to help stop confrontation.

Perhaps you mistook the part about placing the boat on the bank. By this, i mean take the boat down to the launch, and place it out of the way (such as on the bank beside the launch). Drift boats don't have the ability to be put on the bank, but we do have the ability to walk the boat downstream (other then policemens) to get it out of the way.

Use the launch all you want, but inflating your pontoon, getting your oars right, setting up fly rods, etc etc IN the launch is unnecessary (and yes there are the drift boaters that do this too, they're not excused either).

I won't defend most drift boat owners. However, I know that i have my vehicle in and out of the launch and my boat gone in the time it takes me to get my vehicle parked and walk back. I also ensure that my boat is not blocking other access. This cannot be said about all 'encounters' I had last year with pontoon and drift boats. I'd also have a caveat that I also own and use a raft on the Bow, so it's not exactly a one sided view.

yes. Glenmore is easily launchable from below the main launch. Policemens is very easy if you launch at the very very west edge of the parking lot. Realistically, 22x would probably be the most difficult to put-in without use of the launch.

First off my appoligy for hijacking this thread.

bcube i totaly understand and agree with your post about proper edicate/consideration of others boaters.

I am just in disagreement with your pooling of pontooners and drift boat owners.

I have no disalusions that a pontooner was/have not been found at the launch pumping up a pontoon when a ADBOA or a considerate pontoon/boat owner as yourself show up.

I just have never seen a pontooner not willing to move when this has happened.

I have seldom had any problems with pontooners or those with drift boats. Wish I could say the same for the wing nuts who do the corporate floats with the big rafts or the weekend party animals in the little rafts waiting for everyone to arrive. Need to start carrying a pellet gun on board.

This thread is disgraceful. It should be retitled hijacking. DRock asked a simple question," If you got a pontoon and do float the bow and are looking for people to possibly split the shuttle cost please post on here or pm me". Is it that hard to answer his question or refrain from hijacking the thread? If you want to post on an unrelated topic please post a new thread.

• Like 1