Fly Fusion Forums

Sage Circa

Guest Grinr

Anybody had a chance to cast the new SAGE CIRCA?Planning to add a 3wt to my arsenal this year and it caught my eye...thoughts?

Anyhow,I'm looking forward to test driving one at the expo next week. :)

if you like grass or older glass you'll enjoy it, The circa isn't my cup of tea and probably won't find a home in my boat... I thnk the ZXLs or TXL-Fs are far more suited to my casting and fishing style.

It's also crazy expensive

Crazy expensive? It's about the same price as the TXL-F and ZXL's when they first came out..

Crazy expensive? It's about the same price as the TXL-F and ZXL's when they first came out..

Yes, it's called personal perception. Just as others can easily justify a Porsche, I can not as it I find them crazy expensive.... or are you looking for a definition of the words crazy and expensive?

Yes, it's called personal perception. Just as others can easily justify a Porsche, I can not as it I find them crazy expensive.... or are you looking for a definition of the words crazy and expensive?

"The Porsche isn't my cup of tea and probably won't find a home in my garage. I thnk the BMW's or Mercedes are far more suited to my driving style.

It's also crazy expensive"

Just funny that you call it crazy expensive, yet have a place for equally expensive rods in your boat...

I didn't try it myself, but I watched Naoto Aoki and Adrienne Comeau test driving a Circa. At first they were casting tailing loops each way, every time, and couldn't lay out a decent line past 40 feet. But after 10 minutes they had adjusted their casting stroke and were making good presentations at 60-70 feet, and had no trouble crashing the line into the backdrop. In the end they both said they liked it a lot.